Science: COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part V

What's your vaccination status?

• Fully Vaccinated

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Partially Vaccinated OR Scheduled

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • You can place that vaccine in my cold dead arm when COVID kills me!1!!1!

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Something Else: See Comments

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The breakthrough percentage is shown at 0.01% and 0.29%, depending on state. That’s phenomenal. But I’m curious….The numerator in that ratio is clear (the number of breakthrough cases).

But what is the denominator in the rate of breakthrough infections?

Is it number of people in the state? Number of reported cases during X period of time? Number of people over 12? Number of vaccinated people? If the latter, do they count only fully vaccinated, or does it include people who have had the first shot but not the second?

BTW — I tried the ”See More” link, but it showed additional verbiage for only an instant, then went to a Facebook login. And since I’ve never had a Facebook account, and am not about to create one, I couldn’t do that.
The denominator is all fully vaccinated persons. I quoted the rest of the post below.

Breakthrough COVID-19 cases have been sensationalized and/or presented without the appropriate context by many news outlets. ‘Breakthrough infections’ are those that occur in fully-vaccinated individuals. In this post, we analyze data provided by ONLY official state sources, Johns Hopkins University Covid-19 Dashboard, and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (not news outlets).

Here, we summarize some important takeaways on breakthrough COVID-19 infections.

The rate of breakthrough infections ranges between 0.01% and 0.29% for ALL 50 states in the USA (in other words, the breakthrough case rate does not exceed 0.29% for any state in the entire country).

Hospitalization rates among fully vaccinated people infected with COVID-19 range from 0.00% to 0.06%.
The death rate among fully vaccinated individuals is essentially zero in 48 states. The two states that do not have a death rate of zero in fully vaccinated individuals have a breakthrough case death rate of 0.01% (Arkansas and Michigan).
COVID-19 infections among unvaccinated individuals account for between 94.1% and 99.85% (depending on the state) of the total infections in the US.
95.02% to 99.93% of those hospitalized in the US due to COVID-19 complications are unvaccinated.
96.91% to 99.91% of Covid-19 attributed deaths are occurring in unvaccinated Americans.
Breakthrough cases are rare, expected, and have historically occurred with other vaccines. Serious illness and deaths in infected fully-vaccinated individuals are extremely rare. Vaccines are extremely effective in preventing infection, severe illness, and death due to COVID-19.
Want more Unbiased Science? Sign up for our Patreon!
patreon.com/unbiasedscience
Sources:
https://www.kff.org/…/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases…/…
https://beta.healthdata.gov/…/COVID-19-Reported-P…/anag-cw7u
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
#covid19vaccine #covid19 #covidvaccine #scicomm#womeninSTEM #unbiasedscipod #publichealth#immunology #evidence #evidencebased #vaccineswork#science #trustscience

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Out of all the people in our office, we’ve had two 30 somethings recently come down with Covid. They’ve both been through quarantine and are back at work. They’ve both said they will still NOT get vaccinated. I told them both today that you may actually survive a car accident without wearing a seatbelt. Are you going to see what happens when you have the next accident? I can’t believe the stupidity. Yes, I live in Alabama and both me and my 14 year old daughter are vaccinated. I’m also a Republican. Anyone who doesn’t get vaccinated, except those with medical conditions that prohibit vaccines, needs help. Just sayin’.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Arkansas Secretary of Health Dr. Jose Romero appeared alongside Hutchinson on Tuesday and told reporters in Arkansas that he had some sobering data to share.

As of August 1:

Nearly 19% of active Covid-19 cases in Arkansas are in kids under 18.
More than half the cases among kids are in kids under 12 who can’t get vaccinated.
The state saw a 517% increase in cases among kids under 18 between April and July.
The increase is larger – 690% – in children 12 and under.
There’s a 270% increase in hospitalizations for kids under 18.
ICU admissions are up 275% between April and July.
20% of those ICU admissions are among kids under 12.
More than half of the kids hospitalized at the end of July – 58% – are under 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.