Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
My grandson and granddaughter both tested positive today...I was around them this week...yesterday evening I started feeling weak and achy...no fever, chills, or nasal drip. Cannot get a test here until Wednesday...any thoughts or am I just being a hypocondriac? I am vaxxed and boosted...so not really worried at this stage.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My grandson and granddaughter both tested positive today...I was around them this week...yesterday evening I started feeling weak and achy...no fever, chills, or nasal drip. Cannot get a test here until Wednesday...any thoughts or am I just being a hypocondriac? I am vaxxed and boosted...so not really worried at this stage.
sorry to hear that. hope you and your grandkids are all ok.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Our house rules - any symptoms, you get tested . Hope everyone is okay

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Bingo! Hope you all remain well, Padre.
This may be the shortest case in history...I took 2 arthritis strength Tylenol las night in addition to normal meds and went to sleep @ 10....woke up this am with no fever -- 97.5 which is about my normal. No aches or pains...However, I am still quarantining until I can get a test. Which is no big deal...in winter I stay in most days anyway....

Stay safe everyone...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Good grief. My doctor has no open appointments until February 1st. I had to make an appointment with CVS Minute Clinic for my bronchitis treatment. I guess I should have had the people treat me at the clinic I was at yesterday. I just would have preferred to see my doctor that is familiar with me. I still sent my doctor an email to see if he would call something in.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Good grief. My doctor has no open appointments until February 1st. I had to make an appointment with CVS Minute Clinic for my bronchitis treatment. I guess I should have had the people treat me at the clinic I was at yesterday. I just would have preferred to see my doctor that is familiar with me. I still sent my doctor an email to see if he would call something in.
We've used the Minute Clinic for some vaccinations -- Shingrix and Flu -- and Covid booster. Found them very well run and efficient. This is what medicine has come to in our world...and it's fine with me.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Obviously all health departments are not created equal - but are your county health departments not doing testing? Ours is amazing. But we are separated from the state health department. They even have a few locations open today - despite MLK day - because of the severity of the outbreak.

eta - perhaps I'm spoiled - even our county dmv is fast & efficient (& normally friendlly as well)

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Obviously all health departments are not created equal - but are your county health departments not doing testing? Ours is amazing. But we are separated from the state health department. They even have a few locations open today - despite MLK day - because of the severity of the outbreak.

eta - perhaps I'm spoiled - even our county dmv is fast & efficient (& normally friendlly as well)
Ours is, but most of the community testing burden has fallen on Huntsville Hospital. There's a Jaycee building on John Hunt Park here - the old airport on South Parkway, converted into a park. HH either purchased or rented it and opened a testing and vaccination center. Also, they opened a drive-through testing facility at the main location...

Reactions: MobtownK

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

About DMV, the last couple of times I've renewed my driver's license, I've done it online. Normally, you can only renew once online. However, the state has changed that because of the virus and you can now renew twice online, which I did last month. (The picture doesn't look like me anyway, IMO.) :)

Reactions: PaulD and MobtownK

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
OK...so I don't know what I had, but it was not Covid. I did a home antigen test and it was negative. I had something for 2 days that gave me aches and a fever, but evidently it was not Covid. Now back to avoiding the public...
Glad you are feeling better

• Thank You
Reactions: Padreruf

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Glad you are feeling better
FWIW, my grandchildren -- both of whom have had shots -- have had no symptoms other than a runny nose. Both are staying home all week...as are their parents. My doctor sister thinks I had it but with a strong immune system and being boosted fought it off quickly. I am going to keep away from people for a week as I don't wish to give it to anyone if by some stretch I do have it...

Reactions: B1GTide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.