• No

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sadly, we lost 2 more family friends last week to Covid. One in NY and one in PA. Neither was vaccinated. But I am happy to say that my BiL is improving and may be released from the hospital soon.

Omnicron may not be as dangerous to the vaccinated - I am not sure anymore. But it is still killing good people.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Have they really said that it's really any less dangerous to unvaccinated? They just keep emphasizing the milder effect for most vaccinated. The last update we had here, the Huntsville Hospital spokesman pointed out that there was only one patient in the ICU who was vaccinated. Today, in Huntsville Hospital Main, not the whole system, they have 226 hospitalized, 34 in ICU and 16 on vents. The numbers were close last Wednesday.

Our appointment for our second booster is Thursday at noon. Just my luck, but freezing rain is possible for Thursday AM. I have a 4WD truck and our Subaru is AWD, but nothing much helps with that. Our streets are still iced from the 5" snowfall two days ago - haven't broken freezing since. On the street, it's packed down and turned to ice. Tricky footing!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The vaccinated who get hospitalized and/or die are near invariably immunocompromised pretty badly - either old and frail in health, immune deficient, and/or taking medication that suppresses the immune system. Not so for the unvaccinated. I've also mentioned that there is a difference between being "milder" on a public health vs individual level. Many in the public are translating a public health message to the individual level - it just doesn't work like that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The vaccinated who get hospitalized and/or die are near invariably immunocompromised pretty badly - either old and frail in health, immune deficient, and/or taking medication that suppresses the immune system. Not so for the unvaccinated. I've also mentioned that there is a difference between being "milder" on a public health vs individual level. Many in the public are translating a public health message to the individual level - it just doesn't work like that.
My BiL is 64, but in great health. He is not on any regular meds, which is pretty remarkable for 64 these days. One of the friends who we lost last week was 52 and about 40lbs overweight, but otherwise in good health. So, one gone and another who would have died if not for major medical intervention - both in good health.

Being unvaccinated right now is just stupid

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
This is day 4 for me. The first time this was the day I took my down turn.

This go around there has been little to no fever or congestion. No sore throat. But I have had some fatigue.

As you said earlier to not be vaccinated at this point is just stupid. This stuff will kill you if it gets a hold of you.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The whole "milder" to describe Omicron seems to be coming up a lot from my employer.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Glad you are feeling better
OK...so I don't know what I had, but it was not Covid. I did a home antigen test and it was negative. I had something for 2 days that gave me aches and a fever, but evidently it was not Covid. Now back to avoiding the public...
My parents got it. Flu like symptoms but slowly improving. Just a note, my dad tested negative first and then my mom tested positive. Both tests were done while they were experiencing symptoms. Just because you get a test doesn’t mean it was proof of either having it or not having it.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
FWIW, my stepson has been consistently testing negative nasally and positive in his throat. Of course, the throat is not recommended by the manufacturer or FDA, but, with my next tests, I plan to use the throat...
In France we had to use spit -- put so much in a test tube and give to the shipmaster for testing...daily. Not a single positive test the whole trip -- 100+ people, all of whom had been vaxxed and most boosted.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In France we had to use spit -- put so much in a test tube and give to the shipmaster for testing...daily. Not a single positive test the whole trip -- 100+ people, all of whom had been vaxxed and most boosted.
They're going to have to modify the kits for saliva for this virus. The medical profession doesn't trust the public to safely swab the throat. One of the FDA docs actually said "They might stab themselves." Frankly, I don't think the swab needs to go all the way back to the pharynx. My gag reflex would prevent my inserting it too far at any rate. I'd forgotten about your trip. That's impressive...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
  • Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.