Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Glad to hear it's been minor for you. That's the story I've heard over and over from vaccinated folks and mirrors my own dance with Delta.
I didn’t even have what I would classify as a sore throat. Kinda like when you’ve yelled too much at a ballgame type feeling (initially). Overall it’s been kinda like when I had strep as a kid.

I sub as a bus driver in our school system to serve our community and was supposed to drive the SpEd bus that afternoon. There was no way I was going to step on that bus without knowing for sure since those kids often have immune issues too. I drove all last week for one driver who was out with Covid. I’m sure that’s where I picked it up.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
glad to hear you are ok. sad to hear it is hitting winston county hard. my step-mom is there and is currently undergoing cancer treatments for the next couple of weeks. she is vaxxed, but as of christmas she wasn't boosted and i'm not sure if she's done that yet or not. my half-sister works for cullman schools (county, i think), she had her first shot (and proceeded to get covid 1-2 days after) at the beginning of the school year, but she hasn't gotten the second yet.
Both Haleyville and WC schools are remote til Monday. My co-worker said it well last night during announcements at midweek Bible study, “Our prayer list really is who doesn’t have Covid.”

I’m sorry to hear about your stepmom. Hopefully she can have effective treatments and good days & stay away from this.

Reactions: B1GTide and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Both Haleyville and WC schools are remote til Monday. My co-worker said it well last night during announcements at midweek Bible study, “Our prayer list really is who doesn’t have Covid.”

I’m sorry to hear about your stepmom. Hopefully she can have effective treatments and good days & stay away from this.
thanks. she's got a very good prognosis. they found everything early and were able to remove everything via an outpatient procedure right after thanksgiving. she is going through a "short" round of radiation this month to make sure, but they don't expect any recurrences. she also has a great support group through fbc with several long-time friends that have gone through the exact same procedure/treatment.

Reactions: B1GTide

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
maybe we will get lucky and they will make "a mighty wind 2" that covers this

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wish they'd get their act together.
Obviously, there's no real difference between the two mRNA vaccines. Moderna has been a few weeks behind Pfizer from the beginning, including the safety data on the 4th shot. Without making a big deal about it, the FDA now refers to the two first shot plus the booster as being the "primary series." The fourth shot is now the "booster." So, they've redefined the terms without making a big deal of it. To my dismay, for Moderna, it's 50 mcg, instead of 100, like the first three, despite Moderna's press release that the 100 mcg booster increased the antibodies something like 86 fold over something like 37x for a 50 mcg booster...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I remember when doctors and nurses were the heroes in this fight. Now they are vilified by the covidiots
I never dreamed that in the laboratory I'd see the day when people insisted they know my job better than I do.

I've seen this for years with:
- doctors and nurses
- lawyers
- baseball players (in particular)
- police officers/security personnel

And probably a dozen or more other occupations.

It's only been since Covid that I've learned that people that can't even define reverse transcriptase and don't even know what the initials PCR mean (much less explain viral replication) know more about Immunology, Infectious Disease, and false positives than scientific researchers.

I'd like to put a manual diff slide of their own blood on a microscope, have them look in there and when they say the cliche' "what's that," say, "You tell me, you know so much about it."

"That's a leukocyte."
"You mean I have LEUKEMIA?"

"No, everyone has them."
"You mean EVERYONE has leukemia?"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - my son is confirmed Covid positive - and I'm not up to speed on the research but supposedly this place told him it was the Omicron variant (my ex tells me that and I said, "How the hell do they know that already?").

The sign for him is last night he complained to her that he had a headache. The kid has NEVER in his life had a headache, ever. Ridiculous sounding but true. She wrote it off as stress but then he had congestion today. I said earlier no symptoms, but he's got headache and congestion.

As I said, he's fully vaxxed.

But remember - she's not (medical reason).

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I never dreamed that in the laboratory I'd see the day when people insisted they know my job better than I do.

I've seen this for years with:
- doctors and nurses
- lawyers
- baseball players (in particular)
- police officers/security personnel

And probably a dozen or more other occupations.

It's only been since Covid that I've learned that people that can't even define reverse transcriptase and don't even know what the initials PCR mean (much less explain viral replication) know more about Immunology, Infectious Disease, and false positives than scientific researchers.

I'd like to put a manual diff slide of their own blood on a microscope, have them look in there and when they say the cliche' "what's that," say, "You tell me, you know so much about it."

"That's a leukocyte."
"You mean I have LEUKEMIA?"

"No, everyone has them."
"You mean EVERYONE has leukemia?"
Well, we didn't have the Parler School of Medicine until a year or so ago

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Obviously, there's no real difference between the two mRNA vaccines. Moderna has been a few weeks behind Pfizer from the beginning, including the safety data on the 4th shot. Without making a big deal about it, the FDA now refers to the two first shot plus the booster as being the "primary series." The fourth shot is now the "booster." So, they've redefined the terms without making a big deal of it. To my dismay, for Moderna, it's 50 mcg, instead of 100, like the first three, despite Moderna's press release that the 100 mcg booster increased the antibodies something like 86 fold over something like 37x for a 50 mcg booster...
Well wrong again. I found the FDA fact sheet for Moderna providers and they should have given the shot. However, the fact sheet only came out on January 7, so the mixup was understandable. I've brought it to the attention of administration and we should be able to get the shot next week, although it'll be the 50 mcg...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.