Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
i felt fatigued the day after the booster, but nothing that chilling on the couch didn't help. two days after, i was normal and able to go for a long, challenging bike ride with no issues.

my wife had no side effects from the booster.
Doesn’t feel appreciably different that a 5-6 on 10 scale hangover.

Reactions: 92tide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i felt fatigued the day after the booster, but nothing that chilling on the couch didn't help. two days after, i was normal and able to go for a long, challenging bike ride with no issues.

my wife had no side effects from the booster.
That describes both my first and third shots. For some reason #2 kicked my ass. I woke up the next morning thinking I didn't feel good enough to get out of bed. It was several days before I could function normally...

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

It's amazing how corporations will talk big about vaccinations then back down when they were about to lose their single most expensive and difficult to replace resource (pilots). No airline is currently sitting at 100% pilots except for a few of the smaller boutique groups. Gonna be fun to see what happens with the federal/contractor deadline, which nearly every airline is beholden to. Those not caught under that will get the 100 employee catch. Pilot unions don't seem to be budging. What a time to be alive and enjoy the show.

• Thank You
Reactions: PaulD and Bamaro

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

It's amazing how corporations will talk big about vaccinations then back down when they were about to lose their single most expensive and difficult to replace resource (pilots). No airline is currently sitting at 100% pilots except for a few of the smaller boutique groups. Gonna be fun to see what happens with the federal/contractor deadline, which nearly every airline is beholden to. Those not caught under that will get the 100 employee catch. Pilot unions don't seem to be budging. What a time to be alive and enjoy the show.
Locomotive engineers and conductors could be a similar show. I wouldn’t dare put them in the skill level category of pilots, but the jobs have become federally licensed and tested and impossible to replace en masse. Lawyers for the Union Pacific and Norfolk Southern transportation employees have filed whatever it is you can file to attempt to halt vaccination deadlines imposed by both companies.

It may not seem like a big deal, but railroads haul large amounts of bulk materials to and from manufacturers. Railroads are also responsible for hauling hazardous materials the government deems too dangerous for highways. Should this result in some sort of work stoppage it could complicate this “economic recovery” even further.

Reactions: Go Bama

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The company said that out of more than 5,000 Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine recipients enrolled in its study who received a booster shot, only five later developed symptomatic disease, compared with 109 people among a similar group that received a placebo instead of a booster dose.

Stratified analyses showed the relative efficacy rate of 95.6 percent for the boosters was consistent regardless of age, sex, race, ethnicity or chronic medical conditions.

Slightly more than half of the participants were between 16 and 55 years old, and just under one quarter were 65 or older. The companies said that they had not identified any new side effects or safety concerns during the trial.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Everyone keeps saying "I dare them to mandate it for group X" like group X is some untouchable/special group. Then every....single....example is some tiny % of workers let go. No group is that special. Smart companies will just use it a layoff to gain efficiencies where they wouldn't otherwise be able to due to unions etc.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Everyone keeps saying "I dare them to mandate it for group X" like group X is some untouchable/special group. Then every....single....example is some tiny % of workers let go. No group is that special. Smart companies will just use it a layoff to gain efficiencies where they wouldn't otherwise be able to due to unions etc.
it definitely seems to merit concern

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
  • Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK and 92tide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.