Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The state’s death numbers over the last week were boosted by multiple large single-day increases. The state reported nearly 200 new deaths last Friday, and added more than 160 on Saturday. After just one death over the weekend, ADPH on Tuesday reported 250 new deaths, the most added to the total in a single day since Feb. 10.

These newly reported deaths could be just the beginning, as the state is starting to understand just how deadly the delta variant really was - and continues to be.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Little to do with vaccines, but here's the latest:

a) another uncle (age 71) isn't Covid-positive, but he's in a Columbia, MO hospital awaiting open heart surgery
b) he was best friends with the uncle I had who just passed and whose funeral is tomorrow
c) in fact, he's the one who introduced his sister (my aunt) and Ed to each other in 1984.

He's the youngest of the three brothers in my Dad's family but older than my aunt.

I'm going in for a checkup at the VA today, labs look mostly good except for high cholesterol.

The time off has lowered my stress level, too.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm so sick of this.

Two of my FB friends have posted the video of the "Navy surgeon" who is now suggesting there's an epidemic of military people coming down with myocarditis due to the vaccine (Dr. Lee Merritt, who I understand is both an orthopedic surgeon as opposed to an epidemiologist and a crackpot to boot).

Merritt isn't a Navy surgeon, she's a former Navy orthopedic surgeon at best
I'll set aside the genetic fallacy of pointing out her background since I already did that anyway
Myocarditis is ALSO a side effect of (wait for it) ACTUALLY HAVING COVID-19!!!
Her number (20 service members dying of Covid) is out of date. As of last week, 43 active duty service members had died from Covid.

Those 43 members had only ONE thing in common: they were unvaccinated. (To be fair, the first half of those or so died before there was a vaccine).

This is one of those times I really wish we could "go back" before everyone had a social media account to proliferate the nonsense. Hey, I heard about Procter and Gamble giving money to the Satanic church in 1981 (speaking of old urban legends), but that widely proliferated (thanks to Amway) nonsense was a rarity. I know I've heard at least a dozen different flat out absurd things about the vaccine, probably two dozen.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The state’s death numbers over the last week were boosted by multiple large single-day increases. The state reported nearly 200 new deaths last Friday, and added more than 160 on Saturday. After just one death over the weekend, ADPH on Tuesday reported 250 new deaths, the most added to the total in a single day since Feb. 10.

These newly reported deaths could be just the beginning, as the state is starting to understand just how deadly the delta variant really was - and continues to be.

Just wait until the month after the Ole Miss game at BDS. This week will be bad enough, but it's Southern Miss for Pete's sake. For the next two weeks, two of the most unvaccinated states in the USA will be 100,000-plus strong without masks and in close quarters for a football game. Since Ole Miss will be undefeated, this is likely to be one of those games where there are 102,000 in the seats and another 40,000 or more outside the stadium.

And THIS is why despite being shot by Miz Moderna twice, I'm not going to any games this year.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Little to do with vaccines, but here's the latest:

a) another uncle (age 71) isn't Covid-positive, but he's in a Columbia, MO hospital awaiting open heart surgery
b) he was best friends with the uncle I had who just passed and whose funeral is tomorrow
c) in fact, he's the one who introduced his sister (my aunt) and Ed to each other in 1984.

He's the youngest of the three brothers in my Dad's family but older than my aunt.

I'm going in for a checkup at the VA today, labs look mostly good except for high cholesterol.

The time off has lowered my stress level, too.
Glad to hear that the time off has helped. Good luck at the doc.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
In today's version of "Water is Wet" or "This Shouldn't Surprise Anyone Who Pays Attention" episode:

The board that governs Mississippi's public universities has voted to prohibit schools from requiring COVID-19 vaccines for students and staff.

The Board of Trustees of the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning took the vote on Friday, said Caron Blanton, communications director for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning. At an earlier meeting on Aug. 27, the board voted not to require public university students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Board members decided to vote again because there was confusion about whether officials at individual schools could choose to mandate the shots if they wished to, Blanton said.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
In today's version of "Water is Wet" or "This Shouldn't Surprise Anyone Who Pays Attention" episode:

The board that governs Mississippi's public universities has voted to prohibit schools from requiring COVID-19 vaccines for students and staff.

The Board of Trustees of the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning took the vote on Friday, said Caron Blanton, communications director for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning. At an earlier meeting on Aug. 27, the board voted not to require public university students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Board members decided to vote again because there was confusion about whether officials at individual schools could choose to mandate the shots if they wished to, Blanton said.
so are they getting rid of the MMR Vaccine mandate, smallpox and others?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
also thanks in part to amway ;)

the more things change ….
Really? Amway still exists? I’m so glad it’s been over 20 years since someone wanted “to offer you a business opportunity” in my case that involved MLM.

My larger point being the instant proliferation of nonsense.

Reactions: 92tide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Seems like good news!!!

Hope she is right
Now what the people who would use this to say "SEE! I TOLD yOU! Viruses ALWAYS get weaker blah blah blah" need to understand is that we still have to get to the point that hopefully happens and it could be years from now and doesn't help us get out of the present situation. She even says it right there in the article. I'll also point out that delta is more transmissible and appears to maybe be more likely to cause more severe disease in younger people, so hyperbolic statements like "always" are almost never correct.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Now what the people who would use this to say "SEE! I TOLD yOU! Viruses ALWAYS get weaker blah blah blah" need to understand is that we still have to get to the point that hopefully happens and it could be years from now and doesn't help us get out of the present situation. She even says it right there in the article. I'll also point out that delta is more transmissible and appears to maybe be more likely to cause more severe disease in younger people, so hyperbolic statements like "always" are almost never correct.
But those who are dead from the virus aren't saying "I TOLD YOU SO, viruses always get weaker!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.