TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Last week, there was a guest editorial column in al.com that, for me anyway, shed some light on why the anti-vaxxers are so persistent. Bottom Line: Money.

The column was written by a woman who is working to educate the public on the benefits of vaccines. She attended an anti-vax seminar to better understand the opposing view. Which in my mind is highly admirable in a time where way too many just throw hyperbolic insults at people who disagree with them -- Nazi, Taliban, you name it.

Here's a link to the full column:
What a vaccine advocate learned at an anti-vaccine seminar - al.com

Here's an excerpt from the column that was most instructional for me. I added the bold. Otherwise, it's a straight copy-and-paste:

"I have heard every claim, myth, conspiracy theory, and outright lie that the anti-vaccine industry has put out. And yes, it is an industry. The major players are getting wealthy off everything from ads on their websites, selling supplements, DVDs, books, promotional merchandise, expensive seminars, fees for speaking engagements and large salaries from their nonprofits.
Some have even opened GoFundMe accounts and unabashedly ask for money for their personal expenses.
Because it is lucrative, they are continually putting out new information online. They can be very convincing and are often nearly impossible to fact-check."

In All the President's Men, it was Deep Throat's line. During my time in banking, any time I couldn't understand why someone would do whatever it was they were doing, I looked to incentive plans.

Follow the money.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Last week, there was a guest editorial column in al.com that, for me anyway, shed some light on why the anti-vaxxers are so persistent. Bottom Line: Money.

The column was written by a woman who is working to educate the public on the benefits of vaccines. She attended an anti-vax seminar to better understand the opposing view. Which in my mind is highly admirable in a time where way too many just throw hyperbolic insults at people who disagree with them -- Nazi, Taliban, you name it.

Here's a link to the full column:
What a vaccine advocate learned at an anti-vaccine seminar - al.com

Here's an excerpt from the column that was most instructional for me. I added the bold. Otherwise, it's a straight copy-and-paste:

"I have heard every claim, myth, conspiracy theory, and outright lie that the anti-vaccine industry has put out. And yes, it is an industry. The major players are getting wealthy off everything from ads on their websites, selling supplements, DVDs, books, promotional merchandise, expensive seminars, fees for speaking engagements and large salaries from their nonprofits.
Some have even opened GoFundMe accounts and unabashedly ask for money for their personal expenses.
Because it is lucrative, they are continually putting out new information online. They can be very convincing and are often nearly impossible to fact-check."

In All the President's Men, it was Deep Throat's line. During my time in banking, any time I couldn't understand why someone would do whatever it was they were doing, I looked to incentive plans.

Follow the money.
The grift continues

Reactions: 92tide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Crisis standard of care is official reality in another state (along with Idaho). Of course, when a man can't get into 43 hospitals and dies of a heart attack does it matter if it's official or not?
The Anchorage mayor thinks vaccines are experimental, so, Freedum

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Crisis standard of care is official reality in another state (along with Idaho). Of course, when a man can't get into 43 hospitals and dies of a heart attack does it matter if it's official or not?
so, it turns out that all of the tea party bs about "this is going to lead the gummint to ration healthcare" was also projection.

it's almost like there is a pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.