COVID-19 Vaccine Issues, Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
President Joe Biden

Today, we mark a tragic milestone: one million American lives lost to COVID-19. One million empty chairs around the dinner table. Each an irreplaceable loss. Each leaving behind a family, a community, and a nation forever changed because of this pandemic. Jill and I pray for each of them.
To those who are grieving, and asking yourself how will you go on without him or what will you do without her, I understand. I know the pain of that black hole in your heart. It is unrelenting. But I also know the ones you love are never truly gone. They will always be with you.
As a nation, we must not grow numb to such sorrow. To heal, we must remember. We must remain vigilant against this pandemic and do everything we can to save as many lives as possible, as we have with more testing, vaccines, and treatments than ever before. It’s critical that Congress sustain these resources in the coming months.
In remembrance, let us draw strength from each other as fellow Americans. For while we have been humbled, we never give up. We can and will do this together as the United States of America.
May God bless the one million American lives lost and their loved ones left behind.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And the frustrating part is most of the people I know who refuse to be vaccinated are those with one or more of the worst comorbidities - older, obese, diabetic, etc.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And the frustrating part is most of the people I know who refuse to be vaccinated are those with one or more of the worst comorbidities - older, obese, diabetic, etc.
I'm old and have most of the comorbidities, just not diabetes or obesity. I've had four shots so far and will be going for my fifth...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i tested positive today with mild/moderate symptoms. have an appt scheduled tomorrow afternoon to get the anti-viral meds. hopefully, it will be a quick turnaround. i started feeling a little run down friday but thought it was my normal allergies, and was dragging during the afternoon yesterday. overnight, it hit me. i tested negative friday and negative yesterday then positive today.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i tested positive today with mild/moderate symptoms. have an appt scheduled tomorrow afternoon to get the anti-viral meds. hopefully, it will be a quick turnaround. i started feeling a little run down friday but thought it was my normal allergies, and was dragging during the afternoon yesterday. overnight, it hit me. i tested negative friday and negative yesterday then positive today.
Sorry to hear, hope it's mild and you heal up quickly.

Please report back if you get the anti-virals - I'd love to hear how that goes. My understanding is they're quite effective.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I can't have the meds because of the no-mammalian meat problem...

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
turns out i'm not "eligible" for the meds. doc explained that they were for patients who were at risk of hospitalization, or in general at-risk and with my relatively mild symptoms they said just ride it out at home and manage the symptoms. i got a confirming positive test and my vitals were all good. they said i need to isolate for 5 days from on-set of symptoms, then as long as i am fever free, i should be good to go.

the trip to the doc and back this afternoon completely wore me out. i was feeling pretty decent for most of the day before that.

symptoms aren't too awful, just really bad cold-like. the fatigue hits me pretty hard in waves though and a few times today i have experienced brief moments of the "covid-fog" - not being able to think straight.

i have been isolated since about mid-day yesterday, but my wife's throat is getting scratchy, so she's probably getting it and my guess is my daughter will get it too. they both tested negative today and we kept her out of school. school says she can return tomorrow if she and my wife both negative in the morning.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
turns out i'm not "eligible" for the meds. doc explained that they were for patients who were at risk of hospitalization, or in general at-risk and with my relatively mild symptoms they said just ride it out at home and manage the symptoms. i got a confirming positive test and my vitals were all good. they said i need to isolate for 5 days from on-set of symptoms, then as long as i am fever free, i should be good to go.

the trip to the doc and back this afternoon completely wore me out. i was feeling pretty decent for most of the day before that.

symptoms aren't too awful, just really bad cold-like. the fatigue hits me pretty hard in waves though and a few times today i have experienced brief moments of the "covid-fog" - not being able to think straight.

i have been isolated since about mid-day yesterday, but my wife's throat is getting scratchy, so she's probably getting it and my guess is my daughter will get it too. they both tested negative today and we kept her out of school. school says she can return tomorrow if she and my wife both negative in the morning.
Friday, my granddaughter's boyfriend tested negative at my daughter's home in France. They were to fly out Saturday. When they drove down to Geneva, he had to be tested again to enter the US. He was positive, so they're back in Chamgeranger. He'll isolate for five days and test again. He'd joined them from London, where he'd been on a business trip but confessed he'd been out on the town a bit...

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
so, it looks like we all have it. i am still dragging today, but feel much better and have been able to get some work done today. yesterday, my attention span was a few minutes at most and i could barely stay awake. my wife is crashed out on the couch and feels pretty beat up. my daughter has a scratch throat and minor cough, but doesn't seem to feel too bad. she's really mad that she is missing the last week of school though.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
so, it looks like we all have it. i am still dragging today, but feel much better and have been able to get some work done today. yesterday, my attention span was a few minutes at most and i could barely stay awake. my wife is crashed out on the couch and feels pretty beat up. my daughter has a scratch throat and minor cough, but doesn't seem to feel too bad. she's really mad that she is missing the last week of school though.
Sorry y'all all have it. Hopefully it will be mild. I can't remember if this is your 1st or 2nd go round?

• Thank You
  • Heart
Reactions: 92tide and TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There's so much that's puzzling. My daughter in France has now had first her husband come down with it, nursed him. Then her two daughters came to visit and the older one's BF came to visit, after a stop on business in London. He brought Covid with him. The post-infection meds are not available where they are in France. His has dragged on. The younger daughter, fortunately, did not contract it, because she's in vet school back in the States and works part-time also. Eventually, the older daughter came down with it also. The house is vertical, build into a mountainside, not roomy, quite cramped. The puzzle is that my daughter, who has multiple serious health issues, did not contract it, while nursing and feeding everyone else. It's a crapshoot...

Reactions: MobtownK

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
There's so much that's puzzling. My daughter in France has now had first her husband come down with it, nursed him. Then her two daughters came to visit and the older one's BF came to visit, after a stop on business in London. He brought Covid with him. The post-infection meds are not available where they are in France. His has dragged on. The younger daughter, fortunately, did not contract it, because she's in vet school back in the States and works part-time also. Eventually, the older daughter came down with it also. The house is vertical, build into a mountainside, not roomy, quite cramped. The puzzle is that my daughter, who has multiple serious health issues, did not contract it, while nursing and feeding everyone else. It's a crapshoot...
This sounds a lot like when my dad had it and my mother took care of him before he went to the hospital but she never contracted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.