Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Despite 3 shots and good precautions I started feeling really bad Thursday pm. Took some Nyquil and went to bed...awoke on Friday achy and sore. Took a Covid test and yes -- positive.Ugh... Doctor put me on an antiviral medicine that is vert effective for Seniors -- Paxlovid -- this morning I am close to well. Still a little sinus drainage and cooughing...but otherwise great.
If this version is weaker I am sure glad I did not get Covid earlier. It wiped me out for 24 hours!!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Despite 3 shots and good precautions I started feeling really bad Thursday pm. Took some Nyquil and went to bed...awoke on Friday achy and sore. Took a Covid test and yes -- positive.Ugh... Doctor put me on an antiviral medicine that is vert effective for Seniors -- Paxlovid -- this morning I am close to well. Still a little sinus drainage and cooughing...but otherwise great.
If this version is weaker I am sure glad I did not get Covid earlier. It wiped me out for 24 hours!!
I'm glad you are vaxxed and have Paxlovid, Padre. Get well soon!

Reactions: Padreruf

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It is back and though not as strong, still will knock you back for a few days, even when vaxxed. Paxlovid is a game changer for me...after 3 days I am back to "normal" -- will take a test later this am. Thanks to the researchers who put in all this work...be safe!!!
It has a couple of animal-derived ingredient which could cause problems with my Alpha-Gal problem, but I survived Heparin, less than a year ago, and it's made from pig guts...

• Thank You

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

Why it matters: Nearly 60% of nursing homes in the U.S. are operating at a financial loss and nearly three-quarters fear they are concerned about possible closures due to staffing shortages, per the survey.

• Sad
Reactions: crimsonaudio

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Brought to you by all those stupid scientists that know nothing.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Brought to you by all those stupid scientists that know nothing.

Heard that earlier. Very heartening news...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The beat goes on...my wife tested positive this am...getting her on Paxlovid asap. Not a big surprise given that we did not know I had been exposed until I tested positive. Hopefully hers will be mild and she'll be up and out in 5-7 days. My oldest son in Atlanta also tested positive this am...this variant is running wild in the Southeast.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The beat goes on...my wife tested positive this am...getting her on Paxlovid asap. Not a big surprise given that we did not know I had been exposed until I tested positive. Hopefully hers will be mild and she'll be up and out in 5-7 days. My oldest son in Atlanta also tested positive this am...this variant is running wild in the Southeast.
What were/are her symptons? There have been A LOT of people with upper respiratory "sinus" colds in our area that seems to be like that when covid was running all over the place.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Well wife tested positive. She is vaxxed and boosted. Current symptoms are sore throat and really bad headache.

I'm thinking I had it, but not sure. A week ago I had a weird metallic tasting in the back of my mouth for about 5 days. I took a test, but no positive result. I should have swabbed my throat I guess.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.