Creativity and a Loaded RB Room

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I heard O’Brien is bringing a run and shoot wishbone offense to TTown to take advantage of all the WRs and RBs !

• Facepalm
Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's a small sample, but in a pretty good number of Kenyon's highlights, DH was on the field. Sometimes he blocked, and sometimes DH was the misdirect. I'm sure if we looked at the DH highlights, we would see plays where kenyon was on the field as the misdirect also:

Am I the only one that wondered why in the world we were only scoring 20 something points in the 3rd quarter against Middle Tenn???

Our offense has come along!

Reactions: Con

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think we see more of a 3 back rotation like when Damien Harris started , Josh Jacobs and Najee rotated. I can see BRob starting and Jase and Camar rotating. Or Trey and Keilan or Roydell and Kyle or......
And....that`s why I`ll be surprised if one or two don`t make their way to the portal.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This thread is evidence of the Good problems we have at the Capstone. One thing is for sure...the stiff competition will make them all better. We will definitely see more 3 back rotation next season. It will be a 1-2-3 like no one in the conference will want to face.

Last edited:
Reactions: T Bone and The Ols

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I may be wrong, but I think I heard a friend say that O'Brien will implement a Space Force Offense in 2021. Now, my hearing isn't what it used to be, but that sounds like a WINNING Offense.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I posted this in another thread

With all of these RBs which two, three or more will likely enter the transfer portal?
Keilon Robinson
Brian Robinson
Jase McClellan
Roydell Williams
Trey Sanders
Camar Wheaton (Incoming 5* Freshman)
Kyle Edwards (ETA)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I posted this in another thread

With all of these RBs which two, three or more will likely enter the transfer portal?
Keilon Robinson
Brian Robinson
Jase McClellan
Roydell Williams
Trey Sanders
Camar Wheaton (Incoming 5* Freshman)
Kyle Edwards (ETA)
Brob is the starter
Jase got enough reps last year that he will stick
Wheaton knows the deal - he just signed. He will only get mop-up duty this year.

I would say 2 of the following will not be around in 2022, though I doubt more than 1 transfers this year:
No idea how patient KRob will be. He sat a year and got passed up by Jase. Jase is better, IMO.
Trey needs to heal - he has suffered 2 major injuries. Not even sure when he will be able to play again.
With KRob and Trey coming back, where does that leave Williams?
No idea what is happening with Edwards.

My guess - Williams and Edwards.

Reactions: GrayTide

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Brob is the starter
Wheaton knows the deal - he just signed. He will only get mop-up duty this year.

I would say 2 of the following will not be around in 2022, though I doubt more than 1 transfers this year:
No idea how patient KRob will be. He sat a year and got passed up by Jase. Jase is better, IMO.
Trey needs to heal - he has suffered 2 major injuries. Not even sure when he will be able to play again.

Roydell did pretty good in the limited time he played.......

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I would love to be a fly on the wall when CNS and the offensive coaching staff sit down with coffee pots and a tray of Little Debbies to discuss offensive strategies vs. personnel. As far as RBs and the portal are concerned, if any one of the RBs keeps his nose clean and puts out max effort while here, no doubt in my mind that CNS will go out of his way to help him find the very best opportunity for him elsewhere.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Roydell did pretty good in the limited time he played.......
I agree, but Jase was much better. Williams likely stays if he can hold onto the 4th spot, but would he if he slips back?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think the question marks are going to be Trey Sanders and Keilan Robinson . Much is going to depend on how Sanders recovers from the hip injury suffered in the auto accident. It is a shame because he suffered the foot fracture in fall camp of his freshman year, and last year was really just getting to the point of showing his potential when the car accident happened. There was some speculation last year he was considering a transfer to Florida State. His father squelched that rumor and stated that Trey was very happy in Tuscaloosa.

With Keilan sitting out 2020, the question with him is how long it takes the game to come back to him. One thing for certain is some of the Instagram videos show he hasn't been sitting around playing video games and eating Cheetos. However we know there is a difference between performance in the weight room and performance on the field. Lots of guys "look like Tarzan and play like Jane". I'd love for us to find a role him on special teams, returning kicks and punts and role in the passing game if he gets back in the "game groove" quickly.

Roydell is a guy I really want to keep. The folks I've talked to say he is a "lunch pail" kind of guy. He's a great young man, with a great attitude and no one outworks him.

Heck, looking at that list list is like saying "okay which 2 or 3 of your kids are the least favorite and your going to send them to live with the grandparents?". You want them all to stay.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Brob is the starter

I agree, but would add Keilon Robinson also, especially with his loss of a year in 2020. Even if those three transfer we still have a wealth of RBs. I hope none of them leave, but realistically the advent of the transfer portal has made the entire process easy. Also there are plenty of programs, quite a few in the SEC, that would love to have K Robinson, Williams, Edwards, or Sanders. I think we all understand their desire for playing time and it may likely be at another school.

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I may be wrong, but I think I heard a friend say that O'Brien will implement a Space Force Offense in 2021. Now, my hearing isn't what it used to be, but that sounds like a WINNING Offense.
Is there a definition for that? :unsure:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.