Current NET Ratings

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Yep but going to be tough in Baton Rouge. Watford is looking great so far for the Who's.
We are not going to sneak up on them that's for sure. We are like a freight train going down through the schedule and everyone sees us coming. The corndogs will be ready looking to compound what happened on the gridiron this year. I like our chances.

Reactions: TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We are not going to sneak up on them that's for sure. We are like a freight train going down through the schedule and everyone sees us coming. The corndogs will be ready looking to compound what happened on the gridiron this year. I like our chances.
Agreed. I think LSWho will get caught up playing us at our game and we get out of there with a win.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Would have REALLY helped!
It would have taken away some room for error, but we had a few games in that category. If we split with LSU and hope that Arky is a
quad 1 when we play we should have a decent chance

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We're up to 41 as of today ... thinking a win against LSU will put us in the 30s. I wonder would we be ranked ahead of Florida if we get the win ... they are currently 37

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Right now, we are second in being considered for an at large-bid ... behind USCe. It's starting to look like whoever wins that game has a better shot of getting in.

I like our chances in that game, with Herb back...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Really good piece on the farce that is the quadrant system on RBR today. I wish getting into the tournament was as simple as taking the NET rankings but it’s not.

Pretty much says it all ...

Coming into last night’s critical win over LSU, the Tide was #39 according to the NET rating (UPDATE: Alabama moved up to #35 after the LSU win) but nowhere to be found on Joe Lunardi’s latest tournament projection, which includes the 68 team field plus the next eight who just missed the cut. So, a team that is the 39th best according to the NCAA’s own metric is somehow outside the top 76 for the NCAA tournament thanks to the quadrant system and autobids. Meanwhile, #48 Cincinnati, #49 USC, #55 Virginia and #58 Indiana are all in the field as at large selections.

Northern Iowa, which is projected to make the field as an autobid barring a conference tournament upset, a terrible way to determine autobids by the way but a topic for a different day, was four spots ahead of Alabama on the NET at #35 and logically projected as a 9-seed in the tournament. The three teams between UNI and Alabama are all in the field, seeded anywhere from 7 to 10. In fact, Alabama is the highest ranked team that isn’t projected to make the field, yet they aren’t even on the bubble at this time.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Maybe Lunardi is wrong? :rolleyes:

After all he is older than he used to be... ;)
It's weird, been looking at the rankings. They have Okie in and if I'm correct, they only have one quad one win against West Virginia, who is still ranked behind Auburn. If we would have beat both Tenn and Arky I'm thinking we would be firmly in at this point so I guess it is what it is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.