News Article: D1 Baseball has Bama in a regional.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
We made it! Playing at Louisiana Tech against NC Stare. Hopefully we can make things interesting.They certainly could have sent us to worse places for sure.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
BAMA in the Ruston regional vs NC State. Looks like our strength of schedule is what got us thru.

On another note, I think the ncaa needs to look at some of the automatic qualifiers, ie winning your conference tourney. Half the teams that know they are already in the playoffs don't care about the tourney. But there is no way a 16-32 team like Jacksonville gets in, just because they won that conference tourney. Need some type of qualifier, like at least be a .500 team. Of course, this stuff has been going on for years in the baseball playoffs.

Reactions: Blindside17

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I am just glad we got in. Eight (or was it nine) wins against top 30 teams and an SoS of #2, those are big things. I remember Georgia getting in one time at a game over .500 overall but their SoS was #1 by a bit and they got rewarded for that.

Those two tournament wins got us in. Pretty happy about it.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I’m a Bama Grad who also went to Louisiana Tech so this regional is gonna be a dream come true. I hope to see plenty of you there. If you got any questions or need some suggestions please let me know.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
BAMA in the Ruston regional vs NC State. Looks like our strength of schedule is what got us thru.

On another note, I think the ncaa needs to look at some of the automatic qualifiers, ie winning your conference tourney. Half the teams that know they are already in the playoffs don't care about the tourney. But there is no way a 16-32 team like Jacksonville gets in, just because they won that conference tourney. Need some type of qualifier, like at least be a .500 team. Of course, this stuff has been going on for years in the baseball playoffs.
It’s why I don’t like college basketball as much as many. Literally you could lose every game in the regular season and win your tournament and then play in the ncaa tournament. Atleast with most baseball conference tournaments there is a cutoff to get in to prevent folks from phoning in the regular season.

But in both sports the tournament should be something that enhances a teams chances more than an AQ. But the baseball tournament selection committee isn’t as bad as softball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.