Link: Dabo: FSU forfeited the game

Did FSU forfeit the game? (choose the best answer)

• Dabo's right, FSU forfeited the game

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Dabo's probably right, but FSU had the right (during age of COVID) to not play

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Dabo's wrong: We should never leave our houses because COVID is just too scary!!!

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Dabo's wrong: Covid protocols dictated that FSU shouldn't play

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • Dabo's gotta Dabo

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
"If the standard to play was zero positive tests, then we would have never had a season," Swinney told reporters on his weekly teleconference. "This game was not canceled because of COVID. COVID was just an excuse to cancel the game. To be honest with you, I don't think it has anything to do with their players. I have no doubt that their players wanted to play and would have played. Same with the coaches. To me, the Florida State administration forfeited the game."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He let the kid participate in practices all week when symptomatic. This is 100% on Dabo.

Most schools, including Alabama, do not let players practice if they are showing symptoms, even with a negative test, because it is well known that you can show symptoms for days before testing positive.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Did the protocol Clemson took with the player(s) fall within accepted protocol of the conference? If it did, then the game should have been played. If not, then it shouldn't. I haven't read the article(s) nor was I watching when the story broke early Saturday morning.

• Facepalm
Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Did the protocol Clemson took with the player(s) fall within accepted protocol of the conference? If it did, then the game should have been played. If not, then it shouldn't. I haven't read the article(s) nor was I watching when the story broke early Saturday morning.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Science before some conference protocol, please.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think at this point it's well known that you might not immediately test positive. I'm hearing about hospitals deliberately waiting to test people who just started showing symptoms for this very reason. They isolate the person, wait, then test.

In this case it seems like Clemson dropped the ball and didn't fully isolate the guy at the onset of symptoms.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I think this is the winning reply. they did numerous tests on the kid and all were negative. However, he should have probably been kept out in an abundance of caution. Would be interesting to know how teams are handling small sniffles and cold coughs when kids are testing negative repeatedly. I think Dabo's right at one level - either trust the test or don't - but on another level, if a kid continues to have symptoms, maybe hold him out ?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Dabo is right when he now says, "there is no reason to play the game" . Just like there is no reason for us to played a rescheduled game against LSU. Call it whatever you want to call it, it should not be rescheduled.
Agree with that for both games - they will both be blowouts that will not impact the seasons of either Alabama or Clemson, but would force both to risk players to injury.

Reactions: tideindc

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.