Dabo keeps talking trash about Ohio St

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
I just wet my pants laughing so hard
I lost some milk out of my nose this morning and almost hacked up a lung.The exact moment was when he said "I started looking for someone to blame, so I blamed Trevor Lawrences hair!" I was in tears the whole video, but that part almost killed me!

Reactions: Bamabuzzard

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Note to self: i can now write off Clemson’s supposed greatest team ever beating Alabama as “they wuz better that day.”
Like I said “ he is more Barn than Bama” deep down. Some here hate it, but this is exactly the kinda crap a Barn coach would say. Heck if I posted the quote and took off the name and team mentioned I seriously doubt most would guess Dabo said it.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
"Alabama Football History for $500, Alex:"

What Alabama coach said this after a national championship game loss:

"We didn't lose. We just ran out of time."

Who is coach Paul Bryant (describing the 24-23 loss in 1973-74 to Notre Dame)?

Like I said “ he is more Barn than Bama” deep down. Some here hate it, but this is exactly the kinda crap a Barn coach would say. Heck if I posted the quote and took off the name and team mentioned I seriously doubt most would guess Dabo said it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Actually, this is the quote in context:

"I think Clements and their big tight end (Casper) beat us. They showed us that big tight end and took the ball away from us while we stood around. But Clements won the game. The long pass at the end beat us. If we get the ball back, we're going to win the game, at least on a field goal. When we had them backed up to the two-yard line, if I'd been a betting man, I'd have bet you anything we were going to win. I don't really feel like we lost, just that time ran out on us. I think Notre Dame is a great team, but I wouldn't mind playing them again tomorrow. In fact, I'd like it."

I'd also remind you that you're comparing a 24-23 loss where a Tide kicker missed a PAT to a 49-28 smackdown that was never close than 14 points after the 5:12 mark of the SECOND quarter.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

The two comments are distinctly different, and I hope anyone would see why.

Seeing how fragile Dabo's ego is, I wonder what his reaction would be if Nick Saban had made similar comments after we got slapped down by Clemson in Santa Clara? I can't believe he would have been accepting of the comments.

When you get destroyed, its best not to make these kinds of comments. It's different when you play an even game with your opponent, and you lose at the end when they make one more play than you did. Those truly do feel like you "just ran out of time." Clemson and Ohio State could have played 10 more quarters and the scoring margin would have only widened.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It should also be noted (on the issue of analogous comparisons) that I don't recall Bryant saying Notre Dame shouldn't be in the game or should be ranked #11 because of the schedule they played.

And btw - go look at Notre Dame's 1973 schedule - it's a monstrosity of nonsense. The Irish played ONE TEAM with more than six wins (USC) and NONE on the road in 1973.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It should also be noted (on the issue of analogous comparisons) that I don't recall Bryant saying Notre Dame shouldn't be in the game or should be ranked #11 because of the schedule they played.

And btw - go look at Notre Dame's 1973 schedule - it's a monstrosity of nonsense. The Irish played ONE TEAM with more than six wins (USC) and NONE on the road in 1973.
I’m sure CPB threw shade on opponents but not to the degree Dabo did on Ohio St. I’m also sure that if that opponent whipped him that he raised their hand and mostly moved on. Dabo seems to still be mostly in the denial phase after 2 months.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Good points, all.

Bryant would have never denigrated an opponent to the level of Dabo. But his comments were quite provocative 48 years ago, which was a simpler and far less confrontational time. I had Notre Dame relatives who did some sputtering over them.

Meanwhile, that game remains one of the two worst sports defeats of my lifetime.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.