Dabo keeps talking trash about Ohio St

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
OSU had 3 games cancelled which were Maryland, Illinois, and Michigan. My guess is that they would have won those and finished 9-0. They started the season ranked #2 so I don't understand what Dabo has a problem with. Sure, they almost blew a big lead against Indiana but playoff worthy teams typically have one game during the season that is closer than it should be.

Reactions: Bama75&80 and Con

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
OSU had 3 games cancelled which were Maryland, Illinois, and Michigan. My guess is that they would have won those and finished 9-0. They started the season ranked #2 so I don't understand what Dabo has a problem with. Sure, they almost blew a big lead against Indiana but playoff worthy teams typically have one game during the season that is closer than it should be.
I understand SEC fans and coaches who might feel as if 6 games is not enough after their grind, but Dabo lies. He says whatever serves his purposes at the time. For years, when everyone was saying that Clemson should not get a free pass into the CFP after playing such a weak schedule, he defended that by saying that he could only play the teams on his schedule. He played for sympathy.

Well, this year there is a seemingly deserving team who played every team that it could play during a global pandemic, and Dabo says that is not good enough. Fine, if missing games due to Covid disqualifies OSU then no Clemson player should be eligible for an award this season. But Dabo is stumping for Trevor, calling it a travesty if Trevor does not win the Heisman.

Dabo is a self-serving egomaniac who isn't interested in things like the truth or integrity.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I hope it’s a 14-13 type game where tOSU team looks lethargic and inept. I hope Clemson has 5 turnovers in the red zone with Sunshine responsible for all of them. And then It won’t matter. tOSU looks like they don’t belong. And Clemson has to eat crow. And the score won’t matter. I Don’t care who wins.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Dabo has benefitted from the weakest schedule of any top contender since 2015, yet he's the loudest trying to criticize others' schedules.
ND also a complete soft schedule. Heck, even the b1g always plays a soft schedule, too. Dabo is saying any team that has to play twice as many games has more players injured/dinged up/hobblin' and such. The osu theoretically has fresher, healthier players than teams that played more snaps, more practice. And the playing field is unfairly lopsided. I agree with him.

Reactions: Relayer and rolltd

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
ND also a complete soft schedule. Heck, even the b1g always plays a soft schedule, too. Dabo is saying any team that has to play twice as many games has more players injured/dinged up/hobblin' and such. The osu theoretically has fresher, healthier players than teams that played more snaps, more practice. And the playing field is unfairly lopsided. I agree with him.
You are being duped - Dabo doesn't believe what he said. If he did then he would not say the opposite when demanding that Trevor win the Heisman after missing multiple games due to Covid.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let me just - again - be the voice of unreason here.

For four full decades now, I've listened to anyone at any time who wanted to find SOME way to discredit someone's accomplishment fall back on the always unproven "that team plays a weak schedule" argument, and it's almost always something that cannot be proven anyway. I'll grant - okay - Ohio St played half the games but it's not like Ohio State was refusing to take the field or anything nefarious like that. (Since not everyone reads ALL of my posts, let me say it again: the issue is that the CFP should have set a minimum games requirement - or at least within reasonable deviation of the teams chosen - BEFORE the first game was ever played. I don't think Ohio St belongs on the basis of "fairness," but everything was within the rules agreed upon before the year began, so I can't fault Ohio St for anything here).

The problem is that every year someone will ALWAYS complain about the schedule a team played. "My conference is better than your conference, that conference champion AVOIDED playing the other good team in the other division."

90% of SOS arguments are nothing more than a form of religious apologetics designed to prove the already assumed point. The ACC may not be a tough conference (most years and generally), but this is usually little more than a backdoor way to say "Team I hate isn't REALLY any good." It's just folks know that if they say it that way, it's sour grapes, whining, and cuts at the credibility of the one making the claim since you have to be next level dumb to say Clemson (or Ohio State for that matter) isn't any good.

Dabo has become an intolerable whiner, and my suspicion is that he's laying the groundwork for whining about the process just in case his team loses. "Well, it wasn't fair, they only played 1/2 a season" sounds more pleasing to Tiger ears than "they beat us."

And before someone comes back at me with the straw man of "but what about 1998 Tulane, should they have played Tennessee," puh-leeze. I'm not saying it's NEVER a valid argument, I'm just saying it's usually a very carefully made one.

College football is probably the only sport in the world where you can ridicule the accomplishment of another team (school) and then hide behind financial justification to avoid ever actually playing the team you're bullying. But B1G's assessment is also spot on - Dabo has spent years defending the ACC and his team's schedule with the justification of "we can only play the teams on our schedule" - and now he wants to start acting like he's some sort of Prime Minister of College Football and able to decide what will be done and what will not.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Some day he is going to take a beating in a Walmart parking lot and he is not going to have any idea why anyone would do that to him.
Shooting your mouth off quite often comes back to bite you in the butt ( paging coach O !! ). Clemson plays a clown car of a schedule for the most part. Some day somebody`s likely to turn him and his team every way but loose because the only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor and ungracious winner.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Let me just - again - be the voice of unreason here.

For four full decades now, I've listened to anyone at any time who wanted to find SOME way to discredit someone's accomplishment fall back on the always unproven "that team plays a weak schedule" argument, and it's almost always something that cannot be proven anyway. I'll grant - okay - Ohio St played half the games but it's not like Ohio State was refusing to take the field or anything nefarious like that. (Since not everyone reads ALL of my posts, let me say it again: the issue is that the CFP should have set a minimum games requirement - or at least within reasonable deviation of the teams chosen - BEFORE the first game was ever played. I don't think Ohio St belongs on the basis of "fairness," but everything was within the rules agreed upon before the year began, so I can't fault Ohio St for anything here).

The problem is that every year someone will ALWAYS complain about the schedule a team played. "My conference is better than your conference, that conference champion AVOIDED playing the other good team in the other division."

90% of SOS arguments are nothing more than a form of religious apologetics designed to prove the already assumed point. The ACC may not be a tough conference (most years and generally), but this is usually little more than a backdoor way to say "Team I hate isn't REALLY any good." It's just folks know that if they say it that way, it's sour grapes, whining, and cuts at the credibility of the one making the claim since you have to be next level dumb to say Clemson (or Ohio State for that matter) isn't any good.

Dabo has become an intolerable whiner, and my suspicion is that he's laying the groundwork for whining about the process just in case his team loses. "Well, it wasn't fair, they only played 1/2 a season" sounds more pleasing to Tiger ears than "they beat us."

And before someone comes back at me with the straw man of "but what about 1998 Tulane, should they have played Tennessee," puh-leeze. I'm not saying it's NEVER a valid argument, I'm just saying it's usually a very carefully made one.

College football is probably the only sport in the world where you can ridicule the accomplishment of another team (school) and then hide behind financial justification to avoid ever actually playing the team you're bullying. But B1G's assessment is also spot on - Dabo has spent years defending the ACC and his team's schedule with the justification of "we can only play the teams on our schedule" - and now he wants to start acting like he's some sort of Prime Minister of College Football and able to decide what will be done and what will not.
The Playoff Committee's mission is to pick the 4 best teams. It isn't an exercise in egalitarianism.

Reactions: BamaDenver

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The Playoff Committee's mission is to pick the 4 best teams. It isn't an exercise in egalitarianism.
No.

But you know damned well that Indiana and Purdue - in the exact same circumstance and with a win over Ohio State - would NOT be selected, and the excuse would suddenly be, "Well, they only played X games."

And while the committee has overall done a commendable job, their willingness to just make stuff up like a pro wrestling promoter from week to week may have damaged the sport beyond recovery. The selection of Ohio St - while controversial - is minimally defensible under "the best four teams" concept. The selection of "didn't even win their conference" Notre Dame AND Ohio St wrote the letters larger than ever: this entire playoff is about the 5-10 blue blood or near programs, and the rest of y'all are just here because we need somebody to play games against.

And it's truly amazing that just three years ago, we were getting smashed for "didn't even win their division" while Notre Dame - who DID play in the ACC this year - gets a free pass with "well, they beat North Carolina."

Uh, so did 3-6 Florida State........

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I want tOSU to absolutely DESTROY Clemson!!!!!

That's 1st and foremost.

2nd I'd like for someone to knock Dabo's smartmouth jackass lights out.

Ryan Day seems too classy to do anything.... but I'd have no issue with him pulling a Woody Hayes II on that damn jackleg.

He's such a whiny smart-mouthed little D-Bag.

Someone in the CFB world PLEASE HUMBLE him....BADLY.
I’d like to be the team that does that...on the field...soon!!!
RTR!!!

Reactions: editder

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
As much as Dabo is hated here, I think Clemson beats Oh St by 2 or 3 TDs. I would much rather Bama beat Clemson's butt and get some revenge from the last butt whoopin we got from them. I don't want Dabo to say he beat Saban more than the other way around.

Reactions: editder

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
Dabo is quickly losing favor with me. Its almost as if he wants to be the next Spurrier type trash talker, but he doesn't have the wit to do so. So he just keeps chirping the same same thing over and over. It gets old quick and I don't think he is smart enough to realize that.

I want him to lose to Ohio State badly. I hope Fields has a career day against them. That way he can continuously spout on about how unfair it was for OSU to get in.

Besides that, Clemson is another team that wears orange. I never pull for a team that wears orange (the exception to that rule is the Baltimore Orioles...my favorite AL team.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.