Dan Mullen issues a statement regarding The Shoe Thrown Round the World!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was at the 2013 MSU vs Kentucky game in Stark-Vegas when Bulldog player Nick Whitley was ejected for punching the son of pro wrassler Sting in the pile.

I’m not saying Mullen is Houston Nutt or Jerry Glanville, an intentional exporter of dirty tactics. But I AM saying that neither of those incidents would have happened - esp this shoe thing - unless players had little fear/respect of the head coach and felt their status protected them.
A guy in my home town played for Glanville when he was at Georgia Tech. He said he was the craziest person he ever knew. He said when USC came to Atlanta in 73 Glanville put a bounty out for anyone that could take Lynn Swann out of the game

Reactions: dtgreg

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Guy is 0-9 against Saban as a head coach and the best he could do with Dak Prescott as a qb and a completely veteran team was a 10-3 record.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Guy is 0-9 against Saban as a head coach and the best he could do with Dak Prescott as a qb and a completely veteran team was a 10-3 record.
I was at the last Saban and Mullen game and it was probably the closest he ever got to beating us. Devonta got the game winner out of the blue.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Are they high on their chances this weekend from what you saw.
Generally speaking, no. But fans are gonna be fans. So there are a few outliers, not many.

They’re mostly still ruminating on Saturday’s loss.

I should clarify: This is in the free boards. There’s a set of pay boards, and I don’t know what’s going on there.

Last edited:

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Mullen may be a liar, but he's not a fool. He has a motive. He wants the option of not benching the Man with the Golden Arm. He knows that his comments on The Flying Shoe are dishonest. Politicians lie because they know that most people don't bother to ascertain facts on their own, therefore, their lies are widely believed. However, football fans all know what they saw. No one is buying the hooey that Mullen is trying to spread.
How can anybody disagree with this???? Great post. Says what I think most fans who watched are really thinking.

Reactions: BigPoppa52

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
The words "class" and "Dan Mullen" don't usually appear in the same sentence without a negative qualifier. That said, I expect him to empty the playbook on Saturday and for UF to be more dangerous coming off the LSU loss than had they coasted to an easy win. I don't expect them to win, as we have the more talented and, yes, disciplined team, and Coach Saban will not let them underestimate this opponent.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
I have watched the replay a couple of times and, while I agree with the letter of the law on the penalty call, it's not nearly so egregious as I was ready to believe. I don't think the dude was disrespecting so much as joy/relief. One man's opinion.
Anything but disrespect/sore loser and he hands the shoe back or leaves it alone.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Horsepucky! Mullen epitomizes the word "Jackass"!
Close to my feelings about Mullen. To me, he is the most detestable, arrogant, cocky coach in the SEC to have not done anything significant yet. In his mind, I think he thinks he is as good ole coach Spur and urban renewal Meyer. His players emulate his personality and behavior.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.