Decline of the GOP VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
1650578168040.png

If I remember correctly - Osceola had a very healthy Hispanic population & lower income than say Seminole or Orange. It's been a few years - but I can't see it changing that much in under 10 years.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I would LOVE for Disney to put out bids for their mega theme park to move. Talk about scaring some politicians, when you could lose 50,000 direct jobs and an entire sector to your economy all at once.
IBM did this in 1985 because of Florida politicians meddling in their business. Moved the entire PC Division (Since sold to Lenovo) to North Carolina and their SW development for the PC to Austin TX. Dad worked there at the time, Dad took a different job and it is how I ended up in Atlanta. 10K employees gone inside of 3 months. RTP NC now has 11K IBMers, Austin has thousands as well, Boca Raton FL still has a dozen mostly empty old IBM buildings off of Federal Highway, cost the state multiple millions and caused them to miss out on the entire PC Revolution much to the Research Triangle and North Carolina's benefit.

Those who don't study history are bound to repeat it, those who do are bound to watch it happen...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Yep. Disney needs to just pack up and move. If they want war then give them war on your own terms.
clearly they can't pack up the parks but they have far more ancillary stuff in and around Orlando than most are aware of, used to sell them software and their primary data centers are in Orlando and Ohio. They famously outsourced quite a bit of their IT a few years back but they still have thousands of people in State that could easily work elsewhere

Reactions: MobtownK

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
We can't put a price on the safety of our children. It's just not something decent people can do. All anyone's asking Disney to do is STFU. They don't have to be proactive in protecting children...just don't vow to make it your corporate policy to promote endangering children. Remember, we're talking about kids in K through 3rd grade, 5-8 years old. Pushing concepts on those children they can't understand is DEFINITELY NOT being done to protect the children. The perverts are the only ones that stand to benefit from forcing this on these young children. Reading, writing, and arithmetic for elementary kids. Since we're now #25 in the world in education that's what we should be focused on.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
We can't put a price on the safety of our children. It's just not something decent people can do. All anyone's asking Disney to do is STFU. They don't have to be proactive in protecting children...just don't vow to make it your corporate policy to promote endangering children. Remember, we're talking about kids in K through 3rd grade, 5-8 years old. Pushing concepts on those children they can't understand is DEFINITELY NOT being done to protect the children. The perverts are the only ones that stand to benefit from forcing this on these young children. Reading, writing, and arithmetic for elementary kids. Since we're now #25 in the world in education that's what we should be focused on.

please tell me how it is harming a 5-8 year old kid to acknowledge that he has two moms or two dads and that this is perfectly ok to a classroom of his peers? I'll wait

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
All anyone's asking Disney to do is STbleepU.
Unless they agree with you, right? And such language...

Even as you rail against "cancel culture", I'm betting good money on.

Free speech not a thing any more?

We can't put a price on the safety of our children. It's just not something decent people can do.
Unless there's a virus out there killing a 1,000 or so US kids and a lot more parents and grandparents, leaving some kids orphaned. Then it's OK to put a price on it.

They don't have to be proactive in protecting children...just don't vow to make it your corporate policy to promote endangering children.
Give us one concrete example of how Disney endangers children by speaking against bigotry and hate and unnecessary laws. We will be waiting.

Remember, we're talking about kids in K through 3rd grade, 5-8 years old. Pushing concepts on those children they can't understand is DEFINITELY NOT being done to protect the children.
What concepts were being pushed that they can't understand? That some of their classmates have two parents of the same sex? If kids can understand heterosexual relationships then they can understand homosexual relationships in the same way.

The perverts are the only ones that stand to benefit from forcing this on these young children.
No, their classmates with two parents of the same sex will benefit from increased understanding and empathy. Society benefits from bringing kids up to be respectful of others' decisions. The means you and I benefit. Mrs. NT18 says I'm a perv but seems to like it and thinks it's a good thing. I won't try to speak for you.

Reading, writing, and arithmetic for elementary kids. Since we're now #25 in the world in education that's what we should be focused on.
Yeah, you guys are focused on doing away with positive social understanding for children and imaginary CRT in schools instead of what matter. Why are you guys focused on other things? And you are willing to give them crappy math books to avoid an imaginary topic. Why is that? Tells me you don't really care about quality education.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Unless they agree with you, right? And such language...

Even as you rail against "cancel culture", I'm betting good money on.

Free speech not a thing any more?

Unless there's a virus out there killing a few kids and a lot more parents and grandparents, leaving some kids orphaned. Then it's OK to put a price on it.

Give us one concrete example of how Disney endangers children by speaking against bigotry and hate and unnecessary laws. We will be waiting.

What concepts were being pushed that they can't understand? That some of their classmates have two parents of the same sex? If kids can understand heterosexual relationships then they can understand homosexual relationships in the same way.

No, their classmates with two parents of the same sex will benefit from increased understanding and empathy. Society benefits from bringing kids up to be respectful of others' decisions. The means you and I benefit. Mrs. NT18 says I'm a perv but seems to like it and thinks it's a good thing. I won't try to speak for you.

Yeah, you guys are focused on doing away with positive social understanding for children and imaginary CRT in schools instead of what matter. Why are you guys focused on other things? And you are willing to give them crappy math books to avoid an imaginary topic. Why is that? Tells me you don't really care about quality education.
i'm wondering who is being considered "perverts" and why in that post

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
biden earlier today

“This ain’t your father’s Republican Party,” President Joe Biden said at an Earth Day event. “Not a joke, all you gotta do is look what’s being played this morning about the tape that was released. Anyway, but all kidding aside, this is a MAGA party now.”

“These guys are a different breed of cat,” he said, adding: “They’re not like what I served with for so many years. And the people who know better are afraid to act correctly because they know they’ll be primaried.”

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This is the natural and unfortunate outcome of such hate and bigotry:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It would be impossible to shut down Disney World and open somewhere there is nice weather year round when they are already in SoCal. I don’t know anything about other enterprises they have in Florida.

Reactions: NationalTitles18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.