News Article: Definitely Back to Normal--White Guy Kills Unarmed Black Guy; Claims He Feared for His Life

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
SMH

“I was in fear for my life” are slowly but surely becoming the most dangerous words in the white American lexicon. We’ve seen story after story where white people have used these words to justify their trigger-happy behavior during confrontations with unarmed black people and gotten off scot-free after taking lives. But one man isn’t so lucky as he’s been charged with second-degree murder after he fatally shot an unarmed black man following a minor traffic accident in St. Paul, Minn., Friday night.
Yes, amazing that he was charged--doesn't mean he'll be convicted, though.

Trifiletti later told police a Ford hit his vehicle from behind, and they pulled to the side of the road. He said he talked to Lewis and asked for his insurance information but Lewis yelled that he wanted Trifiletti’s information.

After asking again for Lewis’s insurance information, Trifiletti said Lewis yelled something about a gang that Trifiletti didn’t understand. Trifiletti then said he walked back to his truck and grabbed his 9mm handgun to put in his waistband holster. Lewis then started to pull away in his vehicle and Trifiletti did, too, but said he unintentionally followed Lewis.

According to the complaint, Trifiletti said Lewis then stopped his vehicle, got out and put his hand under his shirt. That’s when Trifiletti said he fired his gun three or four times at Lewis because he was afraid he was going to die. Trifiletti then left the scene, called his father and told him what happened. He said his father told him to go back to the scene, so he did.
While not the execution-style nightmare of the Georgia shooting, this is nonetheless tragic. The whole business about "unintentionally following" Lewis, is perplexing. If I'm reading this correctly,
  • Both parties were leaving the scene.
  • Somehow Trifiletti ended up behind Lewis.
  • Lewis stops, gets out of his car (probably not smart, but no reason to get shot)
  • For some reason, Trifiletti stops as well (definitely not smart)
  • Lewis supposedly reaches under his shirt.
  • Trifiletti opens fire (is he still in his car?)
There are a lot of gaps here. As usually is the case in these situations, the person we really need to hear from is dead.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
seems like a bunch of folks are feeling emboldened.

not linking because of the video on the tweet

Sean Reed was killed by Indianapolis PD. He was on Facebook Live and kept streaming after they shot him. You can hear officers mocking him as he lay dead: “Looks like it’s gonna be a closed casket, homie!” A detective then ends the stream while trying to hide his face. #seanreed
edit to remove link to video

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Thank You
Reactions: UAH and B1GTide

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I worry when Trump looses the gun nuts are going to go crazier than they already are.

One might hope with the country spiraling down in the grips of a pandemic that senseless gun violence would take a little time off...

"But wait" I tell myself. "I don't remember any mass shootings or school shootings lately" so I guess there is that.

Reactions: UAH

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
seems like a bunch of folks are feeling emboldened.

not linking because of the video on the tweet

edit to remove link to video
I just don't have it in me this morning to watch another clip of cops shooting someone and then mocking him. It's beyond infuriating.

Stuff like this is what Trump demonized the black players in the NFL for protesting. How dare they object to this type treatment?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Somehow I put this post here when I thought I was on the other "back to normal" thread.

Posters please note, some posters such as myself are easily confused. :(

People's right to own a gun is more important than your right to live.
Since this is a website that revolves around football, which in turn revolves around Coach Saban...I will never forget when Saban made clear his opinion of people wagging guns around...

"One thing I always tell players is that there are three bad things: Nothing good happens after midnight, nothing good happens when you're around guns unless you're going hunting, and you don't want to mess around with women that you don't know because a lot of times bad things happen," Saban said during the interview.
I guess the retired cop could argue that yes, indeed, he was hunting for someone to shoot.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: UAH and 92tide

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
What’s even more “normal” is kids blasting kids over and over and over again for little if any other reason than where they are seen standing, disrespecting them, or wearing the “wrong” color. When will we see LeBron protesting that?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
LeBron James? This guy?

Through its I PROMISE program, the foundation serves more than 1,400 Akron-area students by providing them with the programs, support, and mentors they need to succeed in school and beyond.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.