Deion is on his way to Colorado

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
He signed the no 1 player last yr , I'm betting he transfers , be nice if we get him to Tuscaloosa.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
It makes sense for Colorado, they have been terrible for years and any excitement and attention has to help. I just don't know that Deion is ready to make the jump to FBS.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
TDA said a couple of days ago that he was going and that he wanted Freddie Roach. So..DL coach position will be open it looks like. That is only speculative...but Smith knows things.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think Deion is a potentially great coach, only time will tell.

He took over a JSU program that had won a grand total of 12 games over the previous three seasons, went 4-3 in his first (COVID) season, and has a record of 23-2 since, winning back-to-back conference titles.

Impressive turn-around. FBS is a different animal, but it appears that Deion has the tools and the confidence to be successful.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
If Alabama assistants leave to go to Colorado it is because it was suggested. That is all.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Here we go - he's gonna get players...

View attachment 30518
He will ... but the challenge is ... its STILL in Colorado. He will get some big names but that will taper off over the next few years once players see what Bolder has to offer ... or a lack thereof.

But I do believe he will be successful enough to get him a better gig within 3 years. I just wished he would have stayed at JSU for one more year. He was able to bring a great sense of relevancy to both JSU and the SWAC during his time there. A lot of the SWAC teams ended up having sellout games against JSU just because people wanted to come and see CDS and JSU. I know both A&M and Alabama State did.

Oh well, it will be interesting to see how he does a CU.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I honestly think Coach Prime will do an outstanding job of initially RECRUITING some OUTSTANDING (4 & 5 Star) players. Will he have a staff who can DEVELOP these players? We will see.

I honestly think he will do an outstanding job at Colorado. He may bring in players from the entire country, but especially Texas, California, and Florida. The Transfer Portal could also help him in his first year in laying a foundation for the future. I'm sure there are many players who would love to play for him. I'm also sure Colorado has the $$$,$$$,$$$ to bring in some outstanding athletes.

Now, will he continue to do commercials with Coach Saban?

Has Coach Saban taught him The PROCESS?

Does he have the organizational skills to be totally effective in every phase of a big time program. What he's done at JSU has been outstanding. Can he do the same thing at Colorado. I think he can.

How much is Colorado paying him? How many years in the contract?

Reactions: crimsonaudio

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
CU has been a coaches' graveyard for years. It'll certainly be interesting to see how the Neon One fares in FBS football.
It definitely has been, but his road will get a lot easier when Texas and Oklahoma leave in a few years.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.