Deion is on his way to Colorado

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Well no one said co-defensive coordinator and you can’t really have two otherwise so somebody is jumping the gun. Who?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sounded like a punk to me. Blanket meeting to call the players a bunch of bums and tell them to get lost….not sure that mindset will work out in the long run.
Leach and Spurrier have said alot worse about players in the public but no one calls them out for it.

Honestly if I was a Buff player I would accept the challenge and prove that I belong.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He did add "he'll have to earn it" after that, but I've only seen a few places show the whole quote.
yeah I think people just want to hate Deion so much that they don’t want to quote what he actually said. You have seen it on this board numerous times from quiet a few posters as well for the past few years in regards to Deion.

Jmonty71

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2022
I guess my question is this. What exactly does Colorado offer? They don't have the best pool locally, to choose from. I imagine Deion will recruit heavy in CA, TX, GA, AL, FL and other powerhouse states. I think Deion made things really hard on himself, by choosing Colorado. If he was looking for weak conference, he could went to coach at GT. Let's be fair, once get past Clemson, the ACC totally sucks.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I guess my question is this. What exactly does Colorado offer? They don't have the best pool locally, to choose from. I imagine Deion will recruit heavy in CA, TX, GA, AL, FL and other powerhouse states. I think Deion made things really hard on himself, by choosing Colorado. If he was looking for weak conference, he could went to coach at GT. Let's be fair, once get past Clemson, the ACC totally sucks.
Colorado is far easier to win at than GT.

Jmonty71

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2022
Colorado is far easier to win at than GT.
You seen the ACC, right? It's pretty much a dumpster fire, floating down a crap ridden creek. At least, football wise. I foresee them getting embarrassed this bowl season. I could be wrong, but having been a GT fan for years, I can assure the ACC is the weakest conference in the nation.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You seen the ACC, right? It's pretty much a dumpster fire, floating down a crap ridden creek. At least, football wise. I foresee them getting embarrassed this bowl season. I could be wrong, but having been a GT fan for years, I can assure the ACC is the weakest conference in the nation.
GT also has the unfortunate reality of playing in a conference no one watches and has to fight with Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Clemson for recruits. Colorado doesn’t have that problem. There is a reason why GT has gone full academy school offense over the years to stay relevant.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Boulder isn’t that far from Denver. If we are talking about what a state and city offer as a gauge of successful programs then Colorado should be on the same level as Alabama is currently because there is far more things to see and do on the center and east side of Colorado (Denver and Springs) then there ever will be in Tuscaloosa Alabama.

Coaches and elite recruiting plans make elite programs. Location rarely plays that much of a factor. Will Deion turn Colorado into a powerhouse… idk but Colorado is a place that can see sustained success with the right guy. But what I do know is that the PAC 12 just got more interesting and competition just increased.
Location is not everything, but it is damn close.

The reason the SEC, Clemson/Florida State, Ohio State, Texas/OU, and USC have dominated college football for the last 40 years isn't just because of coaches. It is primarily because that's where the elite high school players are at, and for the most part, they are not going to travel very far to play their college ball.

The only reason Sanders might set the world on fire at Colorado is the NIL/Portal phenomenon which did not exist 5 years ago.

Reactions: B1GTide

Jmonty71

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2022
GT also has the unfortunate reality of playing in a conference no one watches and has to fight with Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Clemson for recruits. Colorado doesn’t have that problem. There is a reason why GT has gone full academy school offense over the years to stay relevant.
Until they didn't. Collins (AKA the clown), changed that. See what happened there. I believe, to date, he is the worst head coach, in GT history. Which I called out, in year one. But, nonetheless. I don't think CO is a target rich environment, for talent. Sanders will have to go to the same battle grounds to get those high value recruits. With that said, Sanders, for just being Sanders, will generate some buzz. He still has to convert talent into wins. See Texas A&M as an example of how recruitment doesn't equal wins.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Two things are guaranteed to happen with Sanders at Colorado. They will have an instant upgrade in talent to work with and there will be an immediate influx of money to the program. Granted, that doesn't guarantee wins, just ask Jimbo, but it at least puts them in a better position to succeed compared to the last decade or so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.