Denmark's Eriksen collapses on pitch against Finland

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
And, probably lucky it happened on the pitch so he could get immediate medical attention.

A friend of the family was at an Arizona-Notre Dame game several years ago (son was coach for Arizona) and had a heart attack inside the stadium. The doctors at the ER said he would most likely have died if he had been anywhere else because the EMTs were able to get to him so quickly and begin rendering aid.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
That could have gone so much worse. Glad for the quick response from those on the field, and the medical staff at the stadium. They absolutely saved his life.

Reactions: major tidefan

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
He would have probably died at home. He was "dead" on the field. Great response by the EMT's. He might not ever play again if he is diagnosed with a heart defect, but that will be the least of his worries at this point.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
He would have probably died at home. He was "dead" on the field. Great response by the EMT's. He might not ever play again if he is diagnosed with a heart defect, but that will be the least of his worries at this point.
I hope he can find a way back on to the field. ICDs are highly effective and it's not unknown for top level soccer players to continue their careers with them (Anthony van Loo off the top of my head).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.