Link: Derrick Henry gives the perfect answer when asked if he got paid to play for Alabama

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Classless question, but hey, go Derrick.

I was trying to figure out if the interviewers were joking or being serious because they kept asking the same types of questions. I liked his answers though. I do wish he would have got up and left after they kept on asking the same questions.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Sounds like interviewer needs a doll so they can show us where Nick Saban and Alabama hurt them.
What a moronic, classless question to ask your guest! On top of that, according to the article, the interviewers kept probing by asking multiple times. King Henry should have stiff armed 'em.

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
Sounds like interviewer needs a doll so they can show us where Nick Saban and Alabama hurt them.
What a moronic, classless question to ask your guest! On top of that, according to the article, the interviewers kept probing by asking multiple times. King Henry should have stiff armed 'em.
Unless something has changed in the offseason, the interviewers are his teammates with the Titans. Lewan went to Michigan and Compton went to Nebraska.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Meh theyre his teammates. I took it as tongue in cheek from his buddies. They played big time CFB they know how it works regarding extra benefits. No program is completely above board. But, great answers from Derrick and great blurbs for a recruiting poster.

Reactions: Con

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Taylor Lewan must still be hurt about getting de-pantsed in the 2012 Alabama-Michigan game.

Lewan was the highly-touted left tackle, and we harrassed and pounded his QB Denard Robinson all night. Threw 3 interceptions, and finally left the game when he'd seen enough of the Jerry Dome's ceiling.

CrmznApklps

All-SEC
Nov 22, 2004
The GUMP
I was wondering who these cats were interviewing him. I was quite ticked with how they kept pushing on him. I'm not familiar w Barstool Alabama or I guess it's just Barstool and was wondering why they pushed on him like that.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
the rest of CFB swears Bama has to pay players. But now we have one of our Biggest stars saying He wasn’t paid with nothing to lose by admitting it! Then there is a secretly taped video of Nick giving his recruiting pitch. Neither came close to implicating Alabama for paying players . Let It go already!

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
It appears the Bama fatigue has become so great that people are desperately trying to get Bama put on probation so other teams have a chance.
Article incoming: “Is Bama Fatigue the reason why Alabama won the title in 2021?”
Article goes on to explain how Alabama’s opponents may have been too fatigued by Alabama’s rousing success to win any games against the Tide in the 2020 football season.

Reactions: PA Tide Fan

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
If those guys were his teammates, In Derrick's response of being paid in rings, I wish he would have followed up with his own question, such as, 'What did you guys get paid'?

Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.