Derrick Henry has created quite the buzz with his new car picture on instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I can't post the link due to language, but you can google "It's meltdown time!! Derrick Henry's new car"

I don't know his financial situation and really don't want to. I just hate the attention it draws one way or another.

Last edited:

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
from the comments between him and a friend on Instagram, his parents paid for the car. Like his buddy said in one of his comments, people don't realize that he isnt paying a dime for college, so his parents can afford to buy him a car. He's not a poor kid, not rich family, but not from a poor family either. Plus kids that buy these cars have to show proof of purchase through the compliance program for NCAA purposes. Again, nothing to see here booger eaters from Toilet paper town, MOVE ON!!!

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
from the comments between him and a friend on Instagram, his parents paid for the car. Like his buddy said in one of his comments, people don't realize that he isnt paying a dime for college, so his parents can afford to buy him a car. He's not a poor kid, not rich family, but not from a poor family either. Plus kids that buy these cars have to show proof of purchase through the compliance program for NCAA purposes. Again, nothing to see here booger eaters from Toilet paper town, MOVE ON!!!
Exactly.

Um, Auburn fans. I've just received a breaking news bulletin. This just in...Apparently new and used car dealerships offer financing, even offering the ability of <gasp> monthly payments! It's meltdown time!!

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
It takes a while for these kids to realize they aren't "normal people" any more and they can't toss details of their life out on the internet without causing a stink. Unfortunately AJ never learned this apparently. I do know the athletic program has an auto vetting procedure for any car they use, hopefully this was documented and all the twitter stuff is just the typical offseason noise.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Some good (and Tidefans-friendly) tweets:

"The angry white dudes of Auburn who assume black people can't have cars demand to be heard."
:biggrin:

Derrick Henry deleted his tweet, unfollowed and blocked me. Guess he didn't like me calling him a monster.
:conf2:

Jameis to Derrick Henry "if u gone ride skrong u got to be skrong and the Dodge Challenger is skrong as long as Tide Pride pay skrong"
:biggrin:

spray004

Scout Team
Apr 20, 2007
Please tell me it is a Charger.
Challenger

I mean it's only a Dodge, not a BMW. Say it's $30K sticker (if its a new car), they give him $6k for trade in (he probably had a car before), plus negotiate a cheaper price. With a 72 month loan and reasonable interest rate you're only talking $275 a month or so. Pretty cheap car payment IMO. They even have 84 month loans now days. There are tons of different ways to get someone into a new car for pretty cheap.

stew0729

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2011
Plus I believe these kids are still eligible for financial aid through the school in the form of student loans. That is just spending money to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.