News Article: Deshaun Watson alleged sexual assault grows to seven

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Well, here we go again. Another 'priviledged' male accused of predatory behavior.
(CNN)Four new lawsuits have been filed against Houston Texans star quarterback Deshaun Watson alleging sexual assault.
The additional claims come from four women who say he contacted them for services like massage therapy.
That brings the total of lawsuits against the Pro Bowl quarterback to seven. They were filed in Harris County, Texas, this week by attorney Tony Buzbee, who is representing the seven women.
After the first suit was filed on Tuesday, Watson denied those allegations in a statement posted to Twitter.
Deshaun Watson: NFL star now faces seven lawsuits for alleged sexual assault - CNN

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Seven is a lot to ignore...
Yes but the lawyer suing is creating a lot of suspicion (he represents all 12 and is saying that he might be representing 22 by next week)

Refuted claims already:

-Says he has been in contact with HPD- HPD immediately responds by saying NO CONTACT has been made at all by any of the accusers or the lawyer

- Says that it isnt about money- yet he and Watson's agent both agree that a 6 figure settlement was demanded on Monday

- Says it isnt about publicity- But yet he calls a press conference and shows up like a rockstar in a bentley and waving to cameras

- says he doesnt know his neighbor's name (the Texans owner)- yet he tweeted "mr Cal Mcnair please sign Johnny Manziel" a few years back.

- addresses stupid conspiracy theories that absolutely noone in the news was asking at the press conference.

I say this should be thoroughly investigated, and we should get all the evidence before judging one way or another. But the timing, the magnitude within the short amount of time, and the lawyer's actions so far create credible suspicion. Right now the only real evidence we have is a very vague text on instagram, and a bunch of he said she said. The lawyer has indicated that atleast 18 of these cases happened last year.

So Im really taking the "Lets find out before we judge" POV because this has credible doubt by both parties. I think we should learn from the Amber Heard- Johnny Depp situation that just because one party is talking doesnt mean that party is right. Because investigation can prove or disprove claims no matter how overwhelming they seem at the time. But I think if there are other women coming forward then they would probably be better off filing with a different lawyer at this point.

• Facepalm
Reactions: B1GTide

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Yes but the lawyer suing is creating a lot of suspicion (he represents all 12 and is saying that he might be representing 22 by next week)

Refuted claims already:

-Says he has been in contact with HPD- HPD immediately responds by saying NO CONTACT has been made at all by any of the accusers or the lawyer

- Says that it isnt about money- yet he and Watson's agent both agree that a 6 figure settlement was demanded on Monday

- Says it isnt about publicity- But yet he calls a press conference and shows up like a rockstar in a bentley and waving to cameras

- says he doesnt know his neighbor's name (the Texans owner)- yet he tweeted "mr Cal Mcnair please sign Johnny Manziel" a few years back.

- addresses stupid conspiracy theories that absolutely noone in the news was asking at the press conference.

I say this should be thoroughly investigated, and we should get all the evidence before judging one way or another. But the timing, the magnitude within the short amount of time, and the lawyer's actions so far create credible suspicion. Right now the only real evidence we have is a very vague text on instagram, and a bunch of he said she said. The lawyer has indicated that atleast 18 of these cases happened last year.

So Im really taking the "Lets find out before we judge" POV because this has credible doubt by both parties. I think we should learn from the Amber Heard- Johnny Depp situation that just because one party is talking doesnt mean that party is right. Because investigation can prove or disprove claims no matter how overwhelming they seem at the time. But I think if there are other women coming forward then they would probably be better off filing with a different lawyer at this point.
None of these "refuted claims" have any bearing whatsoever on the facts of the cases.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
None of these "refuted claims" have any bearing whatsoever on the facts of the cases.
Yet no evidence has been presented to proves anything other than he got a massage through Instagram. But yet so many are already siding with a lawyer that has told multiple lies in one press conference that he called for.

My point is I believe in due process and a thorough investigation of the facts before I say Watson is guilty or not.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
My point is I believe in due process and a thorough investigation of the facts before I say Watson is guilty or not.
Agree completely, but again, seven is not an insignificant number. Can't readily recall a man accused by seven different women who was innocent, though there may well be examples I'm not recalling or unaware of.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Agree completely, but again, seven is not an insignificant number. Can't readily recall a man accused by seven different women who was innocent, though there may well be examples I'm not recalling or unaware of.
I agree, but like I said I would like to see what evidence is brought forth before judging guilt or innocence.

Right now its literally a text with no context as evidence. When we are talking about celebrity seral sex offenders like Weinstein, Cosby, Ailes, and O'reilly we are usually looking at one clear case that brings out numerous other cases. I have never seen something like this where in a matter of four days we see 12 out of the blue with so little evidence provided.

To me right now, I see this as a civil case that wont be a criminal case and lawyers positioning for an out of court settlement. When/if we get more facts I will alter my opinion accordingly. Right now it doesnt look good for Watson in the court of public opinion, but the court of public opinion has been proven to be a dumb court at times before..? So who knows at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole Man Dan

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Lawsuits are not equal to prosecution. He could have paid the $100k to make the first one go away. Probably knew others would popup and it would be futile. He'll get his day in court - civil and/or criminal and the accusers will have to prove their cases.

That aside, I can't imagine being a woman going alone to do a massage in someone's house. They should require their clients to pay for a 2nd person to be there so that these situations are less likely to happen. Probably would crimp on their business but that's better than being assaulted! From the athlete's standpoint, I would have cameras setup from entry to exit and let the massage therapist know everything is being recorded. To do anything other than what I suggest puts both the therapist and the athlete in situations they don't want to be in. It shouldn't have to be this way... but it is. You're making $20MM+ a year... you HAVE to mitigate all of these risks. You should have someone you trust to keep you out of these situations telling you what you need to hear rather than a bunch of yes-men posse members (or no one at all).

I'm all about risk mitigation and examining "what could go wrong" when making decisions. Then you make a decision based on risk/reward. This is true in business and in life. I'm not always 100% right, but it's kept me out of some pretty bad situations so far. True that: I've never been an elite athlete :D

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ols

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I agree, but like I said I would like to see what evidence is brought forth before judging guilt or innocence.
Indeed - and for the record, I've seen none here saying he's unequivocally guilty.

But having a number of women accuse you of something isn't a good look, and rarely, if ever, the look of an innocent man. We'll see...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Lawsuits are not equal to prosecution. He could have paid the $100k to make the first one go away. Probably knew others would popup and it would be futile. He'll get his day in court - civil and/or criminal and the accusers will have to prove their cases.

That aside, I can't imagine being a woman going alone to do a massage in someone's house. They should require their clients to pay for a 2nd person to be there so that these situations are less likely to happen. Probably would crimp on their business but that's better than being assaulted! From the athlete's standpoint, I would have cameras setup from entry to exit and let the massage therapist know everything is being recorded. To do anything other than what I suggest puts both the therapist and the athlete in situations they don't want to be in. It shouldn't have to be this way... but it is. You're making $20MM+ a year... you HAVE to mitigate all of these risks. You should have someone you trust to keep you out of these situations telling you what you need to hear rather than a bunch of yes-men posse members (or no one at all).

I'm all about risk mitigation and examining "what could go wrong" when making decisions. Then you make a decision based on risk/reward. This is true in business and in life. I'm not always 100% right, but it's kept me out of some pretty bad situations so far. True that: I've never been an elite athlete :D
Shannon Sharpe basically said he is probably going to pay idiot money whether he did it or not because he was an idiot for not having a witness or have a recording while having a massage from a female in a private residence.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Shannon Sharpe basically said he is probably going to pay idiot money whether he did it or not because he was an idiot for not having a witness or have a recording while having a massage from a female in a private residence.
I agree with Sharpe, though it is sad someone would have to do that. Even I, a husband and dad of 5 kids, have set several "rules" and boundaries to protect myself from the potential of false accusations.

My younger three have neighborhood kids who come in and out of our house, getting water, using the bathroom etc. At no time am I in a room alone with any kid that isn't my own.

If my daughter has friends over for the night, my wife has a heavy presence on what they're doing and where they are in the house. I mostly occupy myself outside and find something to do or somewhere to go. At no time am I in a room alone with any of them.

I do not give "rides home" from baseball practice, softball practice or sleepovers unless my wife or another one of my older children are with me.

All of this may seem paranoid to some, but I cannot assume to know what another child has going on between their ears or what's going on within their own home to prompt them to say something that isn't true. So both my wife and I take precautions within our own home when it comes to other people's kids in our home.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree with Sharpe, though it is sad someone would have to do that. Even I, a husband and dad of 5 kids, have set several "rules" and boundaries to protect myself from the potential of false accusations.

My younger three have neighborhood kids who come in and out of our house, getting water, using the bathroom etc. At no time am I in a room alone with any kid that isn't my own.

If my daughter has friends over for the night, my wife has a heavy presence on what they're doing and where they are in the house. I mostly occupy myself outside and find something to do or somewhere to go. At no time am I in a room alone with any of them.

I do not give "rides home" from baseball practice, softball practice or sleepovers unless my wife or another one of my older children are with me.

All of this may seem paranoid to some, but I cannot assume to know what another child has going on between their ears or what's going on within their own home to prompt them to say something that isn't true. So both my wife and I take precautions within our own home when it comes to other people's kids in our home.
Its not paranoid at all. I also learned it’s way better to always have witnesses or receipts when dealing with people of the opposite sex or children. While in the military, I’ve had friends get put on ROD (relieved of duty) because their friend’s wife can’t admit to having an affair with her Brother in law so she picks a random time that he was over to say she was raped to explain her pregnancy. He was shamed for no reason and his mental health suffered because of it. I myself have had to prove I wasn’t at my house during a house party my roommate threw and had underage drinking. I’ve seen a squadron swingers club start accusing people who weren’t even involved in the act just because they got caught.

In this day in age unless they are your kids or your significant other then it’s best to have witnesses. Because you never know when someone is going to say something happened or have a completely different take.

FTR I am not saying Watson is innocent or guilty at this point, just think it’s incredibly dumb of not having witnesses with a service in which you are exposed like that.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We have also taken precautions to prevent the possibility of even the perception of impropriety. But it was never against the possibility of false accusation. I know that they happen, but they are so rare that worrying about that is like worrying about dying in a plane crash or using the lotto as a retirement plan.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Watson’s defense fires back

See here is the problem. If we are only going off of texts without context then Watson’s defense team is going to find one case to poke holes in and create serious doubt. I think if Buzzbe had a smoking gun or really intended this to go to a criminal trial then we would’ve seen movement instead of just new clients. I think Buzzbe is seeking a settlement instead of a day in court. I think he might have 1 or 2 cases that he could possibly win with and the others are weak.

at this point it’s just a lawyer fight.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Watson’s defense fires back

See here is the problem. If we are only going off of texts without context then Watson’s defense team is going to find one case to poke holes in and create serious doubt. I think if Buzzbe had a smoking gun or really intended this to go to a criminal trial then we would’ve seen movement instead of just new clients. I think Buzzbe is seeking a settlement instead of a day in court. I think he might have 1 or 2 cases that he could possibly win with and the others are weak.

at this point it’s just a lawyer fight.
The main goal should always be to get it right and no one sits in prison for something they did not do or someone goes free for something they did do. When/If a six-figure settlement suffices, rather than trying to put a potential sexual predator behind bars, then I begin questioning things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.