Game Thread: Destiny or History (Game 5 NLDS: Cards @ Braves Winner takes all)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
From this point forward everybody should be playing for a job next year. No exceptions and let’s see who wants one. Beyond frustrated and disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Flaherty is at bat for 3rd time. Atl pitcher spot has not yet batted.

3rd inning if you’re keeping score at home.

Flaherty into ground out and inning over.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
A bit of trivia for you: largest comeback in mlb history...

12 runs.

We could quite possibly score 13 runs. We went on huge run against the Nats earlier in the season so that is possible. But what is not possible is us not letting the Cards score more and more and more.

This is why you match Ace vs Ace. This is why Soroka should’ve pitched 1/2 and 5.

But to say the least I am not surprised we are getting eliminated. I’m just surprised at the lack of care. I really think our trust in Luke Jackson and our unstoppable offense has been our downfall.

I’m okay with re signing Donaldson, but Keuchel has to go and we need to spend money on a great reliever and possibly a cheap starter.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Which lock down / true closer free agents are available?

Soroka is only starter who legitimately earned his salary whole season.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A Twins fan friend asked me what I thought of the Braves's execution.

I told him I highly favored it. Immediately.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

12 runs.

We could quite possibly score 13 runs. We went on huge run against the Nats earlier in the season so that is possible. But what is not possible is us not letting the Cards score more and more and more.

This is why you match Ace vs Ace. This is why Soroka should’ve pitched 1/2 and 5.

But to say the least I am not surprised we are getting eliminated. I’m just surprised at the lack of care. I really think our trust in Luke Jackson and our unstoppable offense has been our downfall.

I’m okay with re signing Donaldson, but Keuchel has to go and we need to spend money on a great reliever and possibly a cheap starter.
I was at a Rangers game in 2007 where the A's scored 6 in the top of the first, the Rangers tied it and then lost it in extra innings.

The very next year, I was at a game when the Rangers led the Mariners, 7-0, after three - the M's took a 10-9 lead in the ninth, and the Rangers won it, 11-10, with slow ashed Gerald Laird huffing it around all the way from first.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The consequences of Alex being so invested in keeping the farm system instead of getting Stroman, Smith, and Bumgarner has really showed its ugly head in this series. If you want to win in the postseason you really have to be willing to weaken the farm for a rental sometimes.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

12 runs.

Keuchel needs to be booted and never allowed in the state again.
Jackson can go too. Bye bye to Tehran as well. Joyce can go away.
I would sign Donaldson again, he just forgot how to play baseball at the wrong time.

I said this morning to a friend, Folty was due for a bad game. I really hate being right.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was at a Rangers game in 2007 where the A's scored 6 in the top of the first, the Rangers tied it and then lost it in extra innings.

The very next year, I was at a game when the Rangers led the Mariners, 7-0, after three - the M's took a 10-9 lead in the ninth, and the Rangers won it, 11-10, with slow ashed Gerald Laird huffing it around all the way from first.
The problem is that if we somehow scored 6 runs on Flaherty then they are going to bring in wainwright. Maybe we hit him, but chances are good that we don’t. The only chance we have, and it’s a slim to none one at that, is if they are dumb enough to trot Martinez out there.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Keuchel needs to be booted and never allowed in the state again.
Jackson can go too. Bye bye to Tehran as well. Joyce can go away.
I would sign Donaldson again, he just forgot how to play baseball at the wrong time.

I said this morning to a friend, Folty was due for a bad game. I really hate being right.
Well you were right. Donaldson hit a homer

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
If you’re the Cards, at what point do you take Flaherty out? After 5th since he’s the pitcher of record?

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Out of all the choked series that we have had.... this is the worst. We had all of the first 4 won.

The Dodgers or the Nats are going to sweep the cards.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Records set in the Cardinals' 10-run first inning:
--Most runs in a first inning in postseason history
--Most runs in any inning in a winner-take-all game in postseason history
--Tied for most runs in any inning in postseason history (2002 Angels, 1968 Tigers, 1929 A's)

David Schoenfield, ESPN Senior Writer
36m ago

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.