DeVonta Smith (and Waddle!) apparently stated he preferred Mac over Tua at Senior Bowl

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
The yokel opposite Simms actually questioned his commitment to football and wondered whether he was one offseason from not being able to fit in his uniform anymore.

Who are these clowns?
Sonny Jurgenson comes to mind as one who filled out his jersey, and tho it's been awhile, seems he had a pretty good career.

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
Well I guess we know the Dolphins will be taking the wide receiver from LSU, Chase with the third pick. Najee has also been projected to Miami with their second first rd pick. If he wants to go #18,.hopefully he won't say he likes Mac's handoffs better.!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sonny Jurgenson comes to mind as one who filled out his jersey, and tho it's been awhile, seems he had a pretty good career.
Were they wearing waist pads when Simms was playing? Jones is not overweight at all. 6'3", 214? Also, they displayed abysmal ignorance about what degree of "commitment" it takes to play for Coach Saban...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Well I guess we know the Dolphins will be taking the wide receiver from LSU, Chase with the third pick. Najee has also been projected to Miami with their second first rd pick. If he wants to go #18,.hopefully he won't say he likes Mac's handoffs better.!
I don't think any of us know for certain Chase of LSWho is going 3rd. Tua's preference will be considered and Devonta or Jaylen could take that slot especially with Chase opting out this past season. It would be cool to see either go to Miami along with Najee at #18. I would become a lot more of a Dolphins fan but they will never overtake the Packers as my true #1 NFL team.

Reactions: Con and tideindc

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It may have already been stated but Smith may have preferred the spin of Mac's ball better than Tua's because Tua is left handed. I'm sure most passes Smith has caught in his career have been from right handed QB's. So he's gotten used to that spin. It does make a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padreruf

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We don’t know anything that the Dolphins are truly doing. There are credible information coming that they are considering trading Tua for Watson at the moment.

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
We don’t know anything that the Dolphins are truly doing. There are credible information coming that they are considering trading Tua for Watson at the moment.
That is the buzz..really hope it doesn't happen for Tua's sake. Miami has a very good defense and just needs a few more pieces on offense. Houston is set to be bad for a few years to come.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Heck , I couldn’t pick between the two....... I like both and think both are the best two QBs Bama has ever had...... we were fortunate enough to have them
I like both also. However, what would Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler have done in an OFFENSE like the one's Tua and Mac played in?

Reactions: tideindc

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Getting the ball from Mac was way more predictable than getting it from Tua. Mac made the read and let it fly. Tua was more likely to end up 'creating' as he waited for the big play to develop. Sometimes 'creating' is necessary but I think Tua sometimes passed on the low hanging fruit that Mac would usually just take. Receivers didn't have to run around as much trying to get open with Mac.

One things receivers don't like: Running around a lot to get open and then not getting the ball.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I agree, but it is the very point that makes me wonder why experts say he has limited arm strength. From the throws he makes, it seems like he has phenomenal arm strength
Arm strength is not determined by the long ball...any good qb can put air under a ball and throw it 50 yards plus. Arm strength is relative to throwing a 10-20 yard out on the opposite side of the field...the pass has to be on a rope. MJ can do both...he really surprised me. His touch is outstanding...He drops the ball right where it needs to be...or guns it to the same place.

Reactions: Con

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.