Question: Dickerson’s injury and the backup?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Any word on Dickerson’s injury?
Who is his backup? Do we reshuffle the line? How much drop off do you anticipate?

(I HATE injuries!!!)

Reactions: Rush

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
We will miss his leadership and energy, but Mac will have 12ish days to get in synch with the new center. Hopefully that will be enough time so there are no bad snaps.
Eeyore alert:
Snaps are just a part of it. I’m also concerned about his emotional leadership that will be missed on the field and calling blocking assignments.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
In terms of the alpha type personality similar to Dickerson, it would probably be Dalcourt. However, Dalcourt has issues with consistency in snaps.
I think most likely it will stay with Chris Owens. Just got to “dance with what brung ya” at this point.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Eeyore alert:
Snaps are just a part of it. I’m also concerned about his emotional leadership that will be missed on the field and calling blocking assignments.
How the hell was my comment an eeyore? I have seen bad snaps happen to many teams when there is a change at center. My comment was positive that nearly 2 weeks is enough time to avoid any issues.

I really hope the injury is not as bad as we think.

Reactions: jjv0004 and seebell

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
How the hell was my comment an eeyore? I have seen bad snaps happen to many teams when there is a change at center. My comment was positive that nearly 2 weeks is enough time to avoid any issues.

I really hope the injury is not as bad as we think.
So sorry, the Eeyore alert was for my post, not yours!

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It was such a weird injury. I think his cleat just got stuck in the stupid artificial turf.

It’s a huge loss. But I don’t think it’s as technical of a loss of say, an Eddie Jackson. Who would have properly diagnosed and stopped the infamous Clemson pick play. But it’s an emotional loss. At least he will be on the sidelines. That will help some.
I just don’t understand why we have to deal with this every. Single. Season.

Reactions: GboyBama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.