Did Harsin’s seat just get very hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
how the hell these idiots lucked into Saban is one of those right up there with that ugly guy we all know who married the hottest girl in school
Makes you wonder. Saban then wasn't the Saban we know now. With a 34-24-1 record at Sparty and 58% winning percentage he was just another coach that improved a horrible program and was on the way up. There was no way of knowing what he would turn into. So, my answer is the same as any time anything went good for Les Miles....a voodoo priestess in the Quarter.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Makes you wonder. Saban then wasn't the Saban we know now. With a 34-24-1 record at Sparty and 58% winning percentage he was just another coach that improved a horrible program and was on the way up. There was no way of knowing what he would turn into. So, my answer is the same as any time anything went good for Les Miles....a voodoo priestess in the Quarter.

I will confess I laughed hysterical when they hired Saban.

Six years later, Saban was my #1 guy to come here and replace the Head Coach Formerly Known As Quarterback.

By the same token...Saban got hit with some brutal sanctions at the end of his first season due to the previous regime. But he appeared for all the world to be a one-hit wonder that was getting tabbed before the program sank.

He lost to UAB.
Then he won the SEC - but because of 9/11, everyone wrote it off as a fluke.
Then he went 8-5, which would have been 7-6 without the Bluegrass Miracle.
Then he won a national title.
Then his team choked away a couple of games and he fled to the NFL.

But I also knew a simple truth: any guy who can win a national title at LSU can win more than one at Alabama.

Seriously - if Saban had won the same number of titles, I wouldn't have minded a couple of 8-5s in exchange for the glory. I'm glad we didn't have to make that trade, though.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I will confess I laughed hysterical when they hired Saban.

Six years later, Saban was my #1 guy to come here and replace the Head Coach Formerly Known As Quarterback.

By the same token...Saban got hit with some brutal sanctions at the end of his first season due to the previous regime. But he appeared for all the world to be a one-hit wonder that was getting tabbed before the program sank.

He lost to UAB.
Then he won the SEC - but because of 9/11, everyone wrote it off as a fluke.
Then he went 8-5, which would have been 7-6 without the Bluegrass Miracle.
Then he won a national title.
Then his team choked away a couple of games and he fled to the NFL.

But I also knew a simple truth: any guy who can win a national title at LSU can win more than one at Alabama.

Seriously - if Saban had won the same number of titles, I wouldn't have minded a couple of 8-5s in exchange for the glory. I'm glad we didn't have to make that trade, though.
I honestly think he got better as a coach and no not cause he went to bama even with all the resources bama had. I think there is a misconception that you are either a good coach or you aren’t like you can’t get better at it like any other job. I think saban is one of those guys who is always looking for a way to get better. I knew an auburn fan who said “saban came back a better coach from the pro’s” He said this to me in 2009 by the way.

Reactions: mlh

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
As others have alluded, I think the real question is who would take that dumpster fire of a job to begin with.

I would call Harbin stupid for taking the job in the first place. But he’s likely to get an eight-figure goodbye kiss. So who are the stupid ones?

Late Note: the stupid ones would be the barn PTB. How many football coaches can one school pay not to coach?
I think they are trying to get into the Guinness Book of Records for that, so they can at least say they are #1 at something…

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Having said that about Freeze....
I believe Plan B for AU is Lane Kiffin.
Could Ole Miss come up with the money to hold off AU? I doubt it.
Well…Lane hasn’t told the Snotty Toddy’s that they’d have to carry him out of there in a pine box, so there’s that. But he did have issues with the admin at USC; is he smart enough to know that a similar situation times ten potentially lies in wait at the Barn? We’ll see.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Harsin is a dead man walking.
He will likely be out at the end of the year regardless of what happens from here out.
Lane Kiffin would be stupid to take that job and personality wise he wouldn't fit because he throw up the double eagle salute to the admin and boosters and do what he wanted so he wouldn't last a whole long time there (just my opinion).
Hugh Freeze might be crazy enough to take it but, like Kiffin, I don't believe he'd be the "yes" man they appear to be looking for, either ( I have been wrong before but I don't think he'd have longevity at the bovine school, either).
Who knows who they might get but word travels in the coaching world and most of the decent to good coaches would likely stay away from that dumpster fire until the boosters, etc, learned to stay out of the way.
Just my$.02 and now I'll wait for my change back.......

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I'm not sure he will make it to the Ole Miss game. The Barn crowd around here are not a happy lot especially when you start poking at them a little. :ROFLMAO:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Dub - What is your opinion of Harsin's post-game conference after this past Saturday? Was he blaming the players (according to Goodman's article)? :unsure:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
When the typically pro-Barner al.com crowd is writing hit pieces, you know he's in trouble.

That's a hit piece kind of reminiscent of what Finebaum used to write way back in the Birmingham Post-Herald days.

I was honestly surprised. I don't think the barn would bar him, but I'm guessing he'll get a cold reception going forward.

As others have posted, Harsin is a dead man walking. He's been that since the end of the Alabama-Auburn game last year, and when Greene resigned as AD, the timeline only got accelerated.

I can't imagine Kiffin having any interest. No credible coach would. Which leaves Freeze, who I think will be the guy. He fits that cesspool of an Athletic Department like a glove and will get along famously with Jimmy Rane -- until he doesn't, and then he'll get axed just like so many others.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
That's a hit piece kind of reminiscent of what Finebaum used to write way back in the Birmingham Post-Herald days.

I was honestly surprised. I don't think the barn would bar him, but I'm guessing he'll get a cold reception going forward.
OR he was directed to write that piece to get more buy-in for the inevitable...:unsure:

awbern has a propaganda machine that is most likely envied by most second and third world countries. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.