Did Harsin’s seat just get very hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
OR he was directed to write that piece to get more buy-in for the inevitable...:unsure:

awbern has a propaganda machine that is most likely envied by most second and third world countries. :cool:
I hadn't considered that angle, but you might be right. No conspiracy theory is too convoluted for that place.

Paranoia is a rational reaction if they really are out to get you.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
OR he was directed to write that piece to get more buy-in for the inevitable...:unsure:

awbern has a propaganda machine that is most likely envied by most second and third world countries. :cool:
Could also be Harsin knows he ain't got a rotten yella balsa 1x1 to lean on down there, so he's leaning on his gob to get that nice going-away present sooner rather than later...

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
That's a hit piece kind of reminiscent of what Finebaum used to write way back in the Birmingham Post-Herald days.

I was honestly surprised. I don't think the barn would bar him, but I'm guessing he'll get a cold reception going forward.

As others have posted, Harsin is a dead man walking. He's been that since the end of the Alabama-Auburn game last year, and when Greene resigned as AD, the timeline only got accelerated.

I can't imagine Kiffin having any interest. No credible coach would. Which leaves Freeze, who I think will be the guy. He fits that cesspool of an Athletic Department like a glove and will get along famously with Jimmy Rane -- until he doesn't, and then he'll get axed just like so many others.
Goodman has always wanted to be “the next Finebaum”. He’ll keep writing the same “rinse and repeat” story with a slightly different angle about Harsin and the Barn program until they do the inevitable and fire Harsin.

Goodman’s hope is that one of those stories will be proclaimed as “the story that got Harsin canned”. And he can wear it like some journalistic badge of honor like Finebaum did for years.

Can ya tell I have no love lost on either Finebaum or Goodman? 😂😂😂

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
You know the torches and pitchforks are being stockpiled when that delusional fan base is setting an over/under on total wins at four games (mostly thinking Mizzou and WKU) then second guessing whether this team can ACTUALLY win those two games.

1663785219279.gif

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Joseph Badman:
The situation at Auburn is worse than I could have imagined.

I hope this was just mindless musing.

The guy in charge apparently thinks he’s doing a good job of coaching his team,
Ya gotta like confidence.

and that the players are the problem.

The players are a HUGE part of a problem like this. I mean, they're the ones who run, throw, hit, tackle, and cash in chips with the bagman.

And didn't Auburn like get almost totally wiped out by the transfer portal and on the recruiting trail?

Thanks to the NIL, the days of Auburn buying recruits under the table are long gone. Now that everyone can be open about it, they actually have legitimate competition at buying players. Indeed, it will be interesting to find out what level of success that was responsible for to be blunt about it.

But who exactly did Auburn have lining up to come to the Plains? Brent Venables and Billy Napier both turned them down cold while Kevin Steele - who still wants it - was given the cold shoulder.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Yeah, Sanders Ego and the awbern PTB will be a total mismatch... :cool:
If only the Barnum & Baling Wire clown show had met Breadtruck Barkley's demand all those years ago to hire Turner Gill over Cheez-Its. Their cash cow coaching payout window, er stall, and the methane-driven pattification of their finances never would've happened...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.