Did Harsin’s seat just get very hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't have many nice things to say about AU but I'm almost 100% sure that if they don't hire Deon Sanders it's only because he's so unproven right now and not worth the risk for a potential recruiting boost.
Chizik wasn't a proven coach, but obviously he was willing to be told what to do (by Dye).😎

I don't think Sanders would go for that (and obviously Dye isn't around any more).

Now that I think about it, awbern is basically the same as it was, but without the expert overbearance of Dye. The PTB down there are running that program into the ground and it's entertaining to watch!😀

Reactions: UAH

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Chizik wasn't a proven coach, but obviously he was willing to be told what to do (by Dye).
Give him a little more credit than that. He was a Broyles award winning coordinator at Auburn and had some really nasty defenses during his time here. He was also the assistant head coach on that Texas team that beat USC for the national title.

He had a long list of coaching accomplishments prior to Auburn. Deion, by contrast, has a body of work as a coach you could fit on a postage stamp.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Give him a little more credit than that. He was a Broyles award winning coordinator at Auburn and had some really nasty defenses during his time here. He was also the assistant head coach on that Texas team that beat USC for the national title.

He had a long list of coaching accomplishments prior to Auburn. Deion, by contrast, has a body of work as a coach you could fit on a postage stamp.
Dub you're a champ...not being facetious...this has to be difficult and you're handling it with class...Good onya...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Chizik was a first-rate assistant, and I miss him on the SEC Network — a great TV analyst. He’s just one of those guys who is a fantastic COO or CFO, but simply isn’t a CEO.

There were signs of that in his first HC job at Iowa State, and the deficiencies were laid bare on the plains. If not for stumbling into Cam Newton, I think he would have been fired at least one year before he was.

We’ve had a few of those over the years — Homer Smith failed as a HC twice, but was an OC for the ages. Jeremy Pruitt might be the best DC we’ve ever had, but it would be generous to call him a dumpster fire as a HC. Mike Shula is a great QB coach, a semi-passable OC, and totally overmatched as a HC.

Dub you're a champ...not being facetious...this has to be difficult and you're handling it with class...Good onya...
Agreed all around.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

Well; his defense did give up 38 to USC and had some help from a guy named Vince Young. He was pretty good at football.
I do like him on TV; very well prepared and good delivery.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I don't see Sanders being offered the auburn job. Chizik should never have left for the UNC job. Mack ain't going to make it and Chizik will be out of work again, but not for long. The SEC analysts are beginning to get on my nerves like the ESPN analysts did, thank the Gods for the mute button.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Against that iteration of USC, I'd have been over the moon with "bend don't break" lol. So much talent.
Bush was only Ok in the NFL. Lienhart, White, the WRs did little or nothing but they looked good vs the PAC 12.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I believe HC experience was what was being discussed and his 5-19 record isn't impressive by any standard...😎

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Welp starting center, who was actually our backup until the presumptive starter retired due to injury before the season, has to have elbow surgery after that injury against Mizzou. Now we're down to Jalil Irvin pending some shuffling.

Man, the offensive line stuff is just the worst sort of luck.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Well; his defense did give up 38 to USC...
For context, USC averaged 50.0 ppg that year before the title game, with a standard deviation of 11.9, so 12 ppg below average is significant. Only two opponents held the 2005 Trojans to fewer than 38: Notre Dame, with 34 (thanks to a then-illegal Bush Push); and Cal (???) with 35. I'd say Chiz did okay in that game...

Reactions: AUDub

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
The WWE guy on Ganeday just said Chizik's defense will lead UNC to a win over Notre Dame.
He's no more wrong than any of the other blowhards on the clown show masquerading as football programming. It's a reminder of why "E" comes before "S" in "ESPN." E.g.:
  • The Bear does worse against the spread than I do in the weekly Tidefans Pick 'em (and that's saying something). If you want to make money on his picks, do the opposite (aka, the Costanza strategy)
  • Desmond Howard picked TAMU to win the CFP
That said. McAfee is an insufferable amongst clowns (Rece and Herbstreit excepted). I have stopped watching GameDay solely because he is on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.