Did Harsin’s seat just get very hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"We're a basketball school....I mean a volleyball school...no, wait.... I mean an equestrian school....I'm so confused....."

View attachment 28939
If Auburn doesn’t want to BE little brother then their fan base needs to quit acting online like that’s exactly what they are.

Too many of them measure everything by Alabama. They’ve been to the Final 4, we haven’t. It used to be they had more Heismans, but the most recent I heard is “they have no Heismans but Saban.”

I mean, come on - that’s like saying without Paris that France is nothing.

Reactions: editder

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Having said that about Freeze....
I believe Plan B for AU is Lane Kiffin.
Could Ole Miss come up with the money to hold off AU? I doubt it.
You would think that CLK would want to avoid stepping in that sewer.
Unless I'm wrong Lane isn't ready to take the money and run.
If Lane has any ideas of following Coach Saban, he wouldn't want the Auburn stench to be the first thing you would notice.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
You would think that CLK would want to avoid stepping in that sewer.
Unless I'm wrong Lane isn't ready to take the money and run.
If Lane has any ideas of following Coach Saban, he wouldn't want the Auburn stench to be the first thing you would notice.
From a business move, it makes zero sense for Lane to move from Ole Miss to Auburn. In this day and age of football, that would be a lateral move. If Lane is going to make a move within the SEC, he better make a big move, and there are only three teams (Alabama, LSU, Florida) that would be realistic job openings anytime soon that would fall into the category of "big move".

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Was he trying to sound like Saban? The mannerisms are there too: switching feet, hands doing something, self deprecating answer when it comes to him personally. Every day is an audition it seems
I think all of Saban's assistant's that have moved onto be head coaches channel him when talking to the press and their teams. The Process is in all areas of the program.....

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Speculation among many of the Barn faithful is, if Harsin gets drubbed by the Rebels this weekend, he'll be cut loose and a "interim" named to finish out the year. Primarily because they have a bye week before Arkansas.

The question is, who would step in? Most of that staff has ties to Harsin/Boise State. Little chance any of them would be retained when the new coach comes in.

For that reason, I think they ride out the year with Harsin.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
If Auburn loses to Ole Miss this weekend, especially if they get run off the field, I expect them to pull the trigger on Harsin. The assistants will stay through the end of the year regardless. The only question is who they would hand the reins to. If you look at that staff, there's not anyone who looks capable of running the show, even if it's only for half a season.

Reactions: CB4

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
It's crazy to think that another era of auburn football is already coming to an end. Granted, this one was extremely short lived. What was the point again of bringing the Malzahn era to an end? To go get a guy out of Idaho? Remember what 2020 was supposed to be? And I am quoting, not paraphrasing. It was to be a "free pass for all coaches that are either on the hotseat or are possibly finding their seat warming up". Funny how that turned out, not just at auburn, but at lots of other places. A record number of coaches were terminated in 2020. The Covid year. Now, maybe the "free pass" statement was made at a time when the season looked like it was not going to happen and even if it did, at best, it would be a very abbreviated season. Then when things got rolling, perspectives changed. Crazy how even in a global pandemic, coaching is not a very secure profession. Here it is, not even two years after Malzahn was sent to Disney World, and auburn is going though this again. Doug Barfield lasted longer than this guy. Think about that for a minute

Reactions: seebell

Lucky Jack

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022
From a business move, it makes zero sense for Lane to move from Ole Miss to Auburn. In this day and age of football, that would be a lateral move. If Lane is going to make a move within the SEC, he better make a big move, and there are only three teams (Alabama, LSU, Florida) that would be realistic job openings anytime soon that would fall into the category of "big move".
I don't think Florida falls under "anytime soon." I believe Napier is there for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.