Did Harsin’s seat just get very hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Jeff Grimes has been thrown around since he has coached there I would say he's the wild card, Deon, it probably wouldn't end well but with his personality and Bruce Pearl they would definitely have them on the map
Deion is 100% a high reward or bust gamble. Talent wouldn't be an issue but the DRAMA. Also he'd likely be a rah rah guy the kids would run through a wall for but isn't heavily involved in game planning.

Grimes is a more known quantity.

Reactions: bamadwain

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The key phrase here is "after a failed coup". How would he ever recruit when it's been made amply clear to the entire nation that he was a dead man walking? I've never seen a coach treated worse that Harsin...heck, I think the whole thing is just hilarious and hope that it just keeps on giving for years to come.
One would hope that trying such a thing and having is reflect badly on their school would be a wake up call, but rich people and myopia go hand in hand.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The key phrase here is "after a failed coup". How would he ever recruit when it's been made amply clear to the entire nation that he was a dead man walking? I've never seen a coach treated worse that Harsin...heck, I think the whole thing is just hilarious and hope that it just keeps on giving for years to come.
The coup happened after his entire coaching staff left, the majority of his team transferred, and he had one of the worst recruiting classes in recent history. He went to Mexico after NSD and that is when they tried getting rid of him.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I do.

Also, still don't get why you think Harsin is a bad person. You don't even know the man and here you are talking about him like he punched your mom in the face.
You have no idea if I have ever met Harsin or deal with Auburn boosters and Auburn insiders on a regular basis… here is a hint… I have and do. So my opinion on him is based on something more than just message board talk or average and sidewalk fandom. He is an ass, and that isn’t just to boosters and reporters that is to generally everyone. And generally I’m the poster on here that is constantly accused of taking up for Auburn so it’s kinda funny that you want to bring up posting history but fail to acknowledge that.

But go ahead, write a song for Harsin. No one is stopping you. Maybe it will be a hit, but ultimately no one will care in a few years when Auburn has a new coach with new problems. But ultimately you knew you were being a jerk a few weeks ago and it’s obvious that you can’t take it when someone plays it back at you.

Reactions: Con

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
IMHO Harsin and Auburn are like a couple who meet, think they are wildly in love and elope a week after meeting. Almost immediately they find out they are completely incompatible. No real fault on either side, but it is just a bad match. Hardin is very unhappy, as is the Auburn PTB. This relationship is bound to end soon but the divorce is unlikely to be amicable. Just a result of a bad match all around. No real fault but a lot of bad feelings.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
IMHO Harsin and Auburn are like a couple who meet, think they are wildly in love and elope a week after meeting. Almost immediately they find out they are completely incompatible. No real fault on either side, but it is just a bad match. Hardin is very unhappy, as is the Auburn PTB. This relationship is bound to end soon but the divorce is unlikely to be amicable. Just a result of a bad match all around. No real fault but a lot of bad feelings.
Auburn didn’t sign the pre-nup and are about to get taken to the cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.