DL Eddie Vanderdoes signs with ND

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: DL Eddie Vanderdoes...(7PM CT)

He did what he felt was best for him, can't fault him... Can ask him if he is crazy, but can't fault him.. I am sure he'll have time to think it over when he is watching the BCSNCG this year from home...heh

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

IF he didn't give our coaches a heads up earlier today (which I don't think he did) i t really sucks that we lost out on Reed waiting on him...
EV was likely told we would wait. Can't fault Reed at all. Clearly he didn't like the pecking order but I know he knew the deal. They both simply made choices just like our staff did. Should be no hard feelings. Now, back to the process...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I knew that I didn't have a good feeling about EV signing with us. Oh well, still one heckuva class!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Hate that this one got away, really wanted him.

But, what a glorious day it has been!

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010

He'll have to watch A'Shawn mount the podium as the nation's top tackle is taken early in the 1st round.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

big guy couldnt go wrong with us or Notre Dame. Say what you will but that campus is nice. Academics are great. And he will be on TV every week. Cant argue with his decision

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

He probably seen where after this next year Nix is probably going pro and he could come in learn their system and start by year 2. At Alabama he would have been part of the rotation in year 2 but not a starter unless he was the second coming of MD! :cool:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

No loss...Bama's class, if there are no big losses due to non-performance or defection, might give Mr. V a chance to see what he missed out on...his loss. Good luck to him.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I always thought he would be a tough pull. Hard to get most guys from that part of the country to come to the South.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

EV was likely told we would wait. Can't fault Reed at all. Clearly he didn't like the pecking order but I know he knew the deal. They both simply made choices just like our staff did. Should be no hard feelings. Now, back to the process...
I have no hard feelings really, I just hate that we missed on a sure thing instead of waiting on something that was never going to happen. We most likely turned away Reed and probably Poggi who actually wanted to come here. At this point, I don't think there's anyone we have to wait on. It is what it is, I guess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.