DL/LB/Secondary Depth going into Fall Camp Part II

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I didn't know this, but according to nbcsportsedge, Eli Ricks is the only SEC cornerback to ever post a 70+ man coverage grade over the past two seasons. He was recently listed as the best player at his position by Anthony Treash of Pro Football Focus. That puts him ahead of Cam Smith (South Carolina) and Clark Phillips III (Utah). He's had a tough time recovering from a shoulder injury. But Saban said he is making very, very good progress physically.

“All five of Alabama’s defensive backs could go Round 1”, an NFL executive said on August 4. That says a lot about the talent we have at DB. But will they deliver? I believe so. My concern is the 2nd and 3rd stringers. Will they be ready to step in, and give the starters a breather? We'll see.

Last edited:
  • Roll Tide!
Reactions: teamplayer

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I saw the depth chart last week and what struck me was not the names /talent. That is there every year no matter what. What is different this year is maturity. There are only two So listed in the top 12 (including Star). This D is filled with Jr and Sr. The offense is not much different. The article last week about tucking the shirt in summed it all up. It was not about tucking the shirt in at all, but about the leadership on the team, not the coaches, enforcing discipline within the team. That is why I believe this team is going very difficult bring down, much like the 2020 team. Both teams are/were filled with leadership on both sides of the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.