DNC Debates, Round 2

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
If this President was actually capable of:
a) listening to someone else
b) able to shut his own mouth

.......he'd have this thing as much in the bag as the Trumpkin Village of Cult 45 thinks it already is.

So, if he was a completely different person? Yea sure. Assuming there isn't a recession in the next 12 months that is.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Not really that amazing when you remind yourself that Facebook was born out of a destructive idea called Facemash, which was a “hot or not” site for comparing female Harvard students.

FB and Twitter have always been about manipulating data for profit but, for some reason people continue to think these companies are on their side.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Amazing how these social platforms can be manipulated in such a destructive manner!
It's equally amazing that people fall for it.

Those bot programmers are clever, but not there yet. Give them another cycle and the posts will be different enough from one another that a simple search won't find them, yet the same distorted messages will be delivered...

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
It's equally amazing that people fall for it.

Those bot programmers are clever, but not there yet. Give them another cycle and the posts will be different enough from one another that a simple search won't find them, yet the same distorted messages will be delivered...
They could do it right now. But the cost benefit isn’t there. The people who need to see this type of manipulation pointed out would rather wallow in the security provided by an anonymous person on the internet reaffirming their “sincerely held religious belief” that DJT is delivered to America to save us from the browns and people without a wiener.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I think people tend to forget that. He lost the popular vote by 3 million and scraped by with 77K votes in just the right places. Normally, incumbency vastly helps a president. In this case, with his abysmal ratings, I think it will work in reverse - if the Democrats come up with a decent candidate...
I wish a third party could come up with a legitimate candidate.

"Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,"

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I'm afraid that guarantees a Trump victory...
I also wish someone who wasn't at the far end of their particular party could survive the primaries.

My third party comment doesn't apply solely to this election. I guess this will be the third one in a row where I vote third party.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I also wish someone who wasn't at the far end of their particular party could survive the primaries.

My third party comment doesn't apply solely to this election. I guess this will be the third one in a row where I vote third party.
I did too, but now I'm all about getting rid of Trump before it's too late...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't know who is worse: Bret Stephens or David Brooks or the New York Times for employing them both. But you know the terrible LIBERAL media with their LEFTIST agendas and what not.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't know who is worse: Bret Stephens or David Brooks or the New York Times for employing them both. But you know the terrible LIBERAL media with their LEFTIST agendas and what not.
Thing is, Brooks is absolutely right. I think the Democrats have already lost and we have Trump for another four years as a result...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I have finished the book House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia by Craig Unger. I'm going to read it again.

The importance of this book cannot be overstated. It's not just about how deeply involved Trump is with the Russians (they own him), but also exposes Vladimir Putin's plot to destroy Western alliances and how he is succeeding. For example the Russians agreed to help the Syrians by attacking Isis but killed so many civilians that it caused the mass exodus. He then finances right wing organizations who are against immigration in European countries to cause unrest in these countries.

Putin uses the Russian mafia to get kompromat, compromising material of a sexual nature or payoffs to blackmail leaders of east European countries. Louis Freeh, former director of the FBI has purchased a $10 million home close to Mar-a-lago. It's possible the Russians own several senators and representatives. Among those listed was Mitch McConnell. Trump Tower has been a base of operations for the Russian Mafia since it was built. It is mind blowing what is happening and a lot of it is going unnoticed.

Like Earle, I implore you to read this book. It is jam packed with stunning information.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Thing is, Brooks is absolutely right. I think the Democrats have already lost and we have Trump for another four years as a result...
In Brazil the wealth of the country has been drained by corrupt politicians at every level of government. The tax structure is so intrusive that it would fund expansive social and infrastructure programs. None of that exist however, as the majority of the wealth is skimmed off and sits in many private off-shore accounts. This is the model that Trump and his ilk envision see for the US.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i'm not sure why you would think that, the first primaries are still a long way away. all brooks is doing is whining about not being able to have conservative republicanism without the embarrassment of trump. he did a lot of the same after it became painfully obvious to a lot of folks how stupid w was (post katrina). the focus of the gop has not changed, they are just saying the quiet parts out loud now. and like most good authoritarians, they are also using a lot of bluster to make any opposition to them seem pointless, but that has been going on since gingrich/limbaugh, all that is changed is the ugliness/visciousness of modern american conservatism is being put front and center.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I'm not so sure. Trump's base hasn't really expanded since his election. All the Democrats have to do is increase their turnout. I don't think the Bernie-bots are going to have the same poison-pill attitude they had in the last election, and none of the candidate carry the kind of baggage Hillary did.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.