Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I know hes a 2023 recruit so its still fairly early. But i was reading an athletic article about him today that got me wondering.

I imagine he's the closest thing to a sure thing at QB you'll ever find in some ways.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Agree and probably what's going to happen. Families can have a tremendous influence on the choices of an 18 y/o, unless it becomes more of a business decision than a heart decision. With us his trajectory to the pros is more direct.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
My guess is not a snowballs chance...
Peyton and Archie will not be in favor of Alabama.
Agree. Stranger things have happened but I can`t see it either, for the reason mentioned. Can`t see this kid not being a great success wherever he goes. Wonder how he (they ) feel about Sarkisian ? Have to say him ending up with Karen Awshucks would gag me.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Agree. Stranger things have happened but I can`t see it either, for the reason mentioned. Can`t see this kid not being a great success wherever he goes. Wonder how he (they ) feel about Sarkisian ? Have to say him ending up with Karen Awshucks would gag me.
I have read that Clemson and Bama are high on his list, that he gets to make his own decision, and that he just had a great camp at Clemson. I bet Clemson offers him soon. It would be great if he camped at Bama soon too. I imagine he will go to Clemson but hopefully he chooses Bama. I won't get my hopes up though.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
So you sit your grandson down knowing he won't win anything of significance if he goes to the Vols or Rebels for his collegiate career and may not have the talent around him to protect him. Yep, that's doing what is in his best interests...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It all depends if the kid wants to be a winner at the college bevel or not. Not a chance that either Ole Miss or Tenn will win a Natty during his time playing college football. Alabama, on the other hand, will. To be the best he has to play with the best. RTR

Reactions: seebell

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
From the little I've read Ole Miss and Tennessee might not be favorites. Kiffin isn't really a personality that fits with the Mannings. And Tennessee is a mess.

Sounds like the Mannings like Sark a lot too and that started while he was at Bama. Read they think he's a great offensive mind. Obviously him being at Texas now means Texas my be a favorite?

I wouldn't have thought we had much of a chance originally but after reading I have a least a little hope. LSU apparently really wants him

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
From the little I've read Ole Miss and Tennessee might not be favorites. Kiffin isn't really a personality that fits with the Mannings. And Tennessee is a mess.

Sounds like the Mannings like Sark a lot too and that started while he was at Bama. Read they think he's a great offensive mind. Obviously him being at Texas now means Texas my be a favorite?

I wouldn't have thought we had much of a chance originally but after reading I have a least a little hope. LSU apparently really wants him
I agree with Texas, From what i hear and read is the mannings donot like kitten!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I get the bias but don't underestimate the appeal of playing for the GOAT. If the kid is truly great he may "get it" and want to play for the greatest.
I think thats clearly our best selling point to someone like him. That and NFL coaches and an NFL offense.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: BamaMoon

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think thats clearly our best selling point to someone like him. That and NFL coaches and an NFL offense.
Right. Come to Bama and associate with the best ever. Soak up his advice and counsel. If you win the starting position you probably win an SEC and NC (maybe multiple ones) while you are here. Then, go cash it in during the draft.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
My guess is not a snowballs chance...
Peyton and Archie will not be in favor of Alabama.
I'm sure Uncle Peyton would voice his opinion, but can't imagine where your uncle played football for coaches that are not longer coaching would have a big impact on the decision.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'm sure Uncle Peyton would voice his opinion, but can't imagine where your uncle played football for coaches that are not longer coaching would have a big impact on the decision.
Don't under estimate Peyton's influence. I think the Hate runs deep in all Tennessee players.
My lasting mental image is of Peyton on a step ladder leading the Tennessee fans and players in Rocky Top.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Don't under estimate Peyton's influence. I think the Hate runs deep in all Tennessee players.
My lasting mental image is of Peyton on a step ladder leading the Tennessee fans and players in Rocky Top.
If Peyton's dad couldn't get him to Oxford, why would we think an uncle could keep Arch out of Tuscaloosa? I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm just confused on why Peyton would have more influence than Arch's own father.....who also probably hates Alabama. :)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think of it like this. I don't see any of the Manning's who would encourage him to go to Alabama, even to increase his chances of making it in the Pros. I'd really like to see him prove me wrong.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If Peyton's dad couldn't get him to Oxford, why would we think an uncle could keep Arch out of Tuscaloosa? I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm just confused on why Peyton would have more influence than Arch's own father.....who also probably hates Alabama. :)
Cooper didn’t play college ball due to injuries. He may have no strong opinion on Alabama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.