Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
I think at this point in time we commoners use it as a balm to soothe the ego, or dampen the flames of panic when a valued recruit goes elsewhere. That phrase is a reminder of the time when Alabama couldn’t afford to lose a prized recruit, but our head coach had enough belief in himself and the players around him to say that. The phrase also reminds us that indeed Alabama has gone on to great success without the presence of a valued recruit we missed out on. That phrase reminds us that the architect of our success is the head coach, and not one single highly recruited player.
And because it is true.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
According to Dan Patrick’s ’source’, Alabama is the leader for Arch at this point! I think the handling and development of Bryce Young is nothing but a good thing for Alabama and five star QB’s moving forward!

On Wednesday’s edition of the Dan Patrick Show, Patrick said that a source told him LSU may need to part ways with head coach Ed Orgeron just to make a run at Arch. But the same source told him that there are a trio of high-profile frontrunners for him too: Alabama, Clemsonand Texas. Alabama stood out, however.

“And then my source said, ‘Do you wanna guess who the frontrunners for Arch Manning are?” Patrick said. “Alabama is the frontrunner… [Texas is one], Clemson is the other team… LSU has to get into the mix.”

of course, listening to Dawg fans, they arlready have him secretly committed!

Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
According to Dan Patrick’s ’source’, Alabama is the leader for Arch at this point! I think the handling and development of Bryce Young is nothing but a good thing for Alabama and five star QB’s moving forward!

of course, listening to Dawg fans, they arlready have him secretly committed!
They think he is theirs for the taking........ already hearing them talk about the #1 class with Arch
as the icing on top

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
They think he is theirs for the taking........ already hearing them talk about the #1 class with Arch
as the icing on top
That’s funny considering he is a 2023 recruit. Long time until then and who knows what changes between now and then. I wouldn’t want to see him there personally though even if he doesn’t choose us.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Looking around the SEC at who will need a QB next year, the most obvious team would be Georgia. He would likely start and have a wealth of talent to work with. At Alabama he will likely backup Young for two years. IF I was a betting person, right now I would say Texas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.