Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think 195 is wet and wearing cement shoes. If he weighs 185 I’d be surprised.
Well if you believe he weighs less than 185 lbs then you probably should have said that when you said he needed to gain 20-30 lbs. I am going to trust his listed weight is fairly accurate and that is why I said what I said.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I get the feeling that Arch is really going to make his own decision and create his own legacy. Sure, Ole Miss would be the sentimental choice but I get the feeling Kitten will be in Baton Rouge this time next year. But then again, maybe that is the plan after all...with the Lane Train in Bayou Country. It certainly won't be TU following Peyton but it could be UT with Sark. Really hard to tell but just get the feeling we are on the outside looking in at this point.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I get the feeling that Arch is really going to make his own decision and create his own legacy. Sure, Ole Miss would be the sentimental choice but I get the feeling Kitten will be in Baton Rouge this time next year. But then again, maybe that is the plan after all...with the Lane Train in Bayou Country. It certainly won't be TU following Peyton but it could be UT with Sark. Really hard to tell but just get the feeling we are on the outside looking in at this point.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we are on the outside looking in. But I’m not too worried with Bryce Young for a minimum of one more year, and Ty Simpson coming, we should be fine.

Agree that UTw with Sark is a strong possibility.

I’m curious, though….If Kiffin or Aranda is next at LSU (and I think either is a strong candidate), why would LSU not also be a serious contender?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I wouldn’t be surprised if we are on the outside looking in. But I’m not too worried with Bryce Young for a minimum of one more year, and Ty Simpson coming, we should be fine.

I’m curious, though….If Kiffin or Aranda is next at LSU (and I think either is a strong candidate), why would LSU not also be a serious contender?
You may be right actually. The next coach at LSU will probably determine where Arch goes. I am going to hope that they hire the wrong one and kid goes to the horns because a resurgent corndog program is not great news for the good guys.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Lane kiffen is staying put at ole miss so I think arch goes to ole miss and makes his grand daddy happy. If kiffen staying at ole miss is a factor ,that question has been answered.

BIGTUSKS

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 16, 2021
I think it is ole miss all the way. I've lived in MS most of my life and don't see him going anywhere else. Peyton was an anomaly.

Last edited:

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
I will be surprised if he ends up at Ole Miss. He seems to want to write his on book not another chapter of the Manning’s in Oxford.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Late to the party. How is Jalen Milroe progressing? I would love to see what he could turn in to with his speed and arm strength. 2 years of development before competing for a starting job.

Reactions: seebell

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Lane kiffen is staying put at ole miss so I think arch goes to ole miss and makes his grand daddy happy. If kiffen staying at ole miss is a factor ,that question has been answered.
There were rumors for a while that the Mannings wouldn't be huge fans of Kiffin for whatever reason. Idk if that's true or not

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.