Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
About as good of a stat for recruiting that you can find.
It would be interesting to see what the percentage is for other top teams, like Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, etc., since that 18% also includes 5* that went to places like Houston, Penn State, UCLA, and so on.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yes we have a good chance. You can talk about the Mannings and hating Alabama, but they do not hate Nick Saban.

And Peyton Manning went to Tennessee because of David Cutcliffe. That's also why Eli Manning went to Ole Miss.

That said, somebody like Texas probably has a great chance because of Sark.

Reactions: dtgreg and Con

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I would love too see it happen, even though I don't see it happening, thankfully we will have QB's just as talented as he is or even more talented coming in playing for us..Good luck too him until he plays Bams if he plays elsewhere..

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Whether Arch comes to Alabama or not is obviously a choice for he and his family. To me it depends on whether he wants to be a winner or not. He needs to decide if he can out duel the current QB for the starting position. If he thinks he can, Alabama is the only place for him.

Will he come to Alabama? I don't think so. One thing I do know is that Bama will win with him or without him.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
My lasting mental image is of Peyton on a step ladder leading the Tennessee fans and players in Rocky Top.
That used to be mine, but now it's of him standing on the sidelines with a helpless look on his face during multiple Bama beatdowns of his alma mater.

As for the Mannings opposing Bama, I don't really see it - they strike me as pretty pragmatic. I'd welcome Arch at Bama in a heartbeat but there's sooooo much time before he signs.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I hear what everyone is saying about Arch going somewhere else because of the family's feelings about Alabama, but we definitely don't need to sell Coach Saban short. He has pulled in some kids that we may have never dreamed would come here. Najee, Young and Tua are three that had to come so far and adjust to the south is a testament to what our coaches can do.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We tend to approach these issues as fans...our team is the good guys and others are not. CNS has changed the narrative to "this is a business decision about your future." He's staked that territory out pretty clearly...and I can assure you that the Mannings speak that same language. I just want to see Peyton in a Bama shirt or hat...LOL!!!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
We tend to approach these issues as fans...our team is the good guys and others are not. CNS has changed the narrative to "this is a business decision about your future." He's staked that territory out pretty clearly...and I can assure you that the Mannings speak that same language. I just want to see Peyton in a Bama shirt or hat...LOL!!!
Knoxville will riot if that happened

• Haha
Reactions: rolltide7854

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
we are in it deep with manning couldn't believe it but BOB is huge here
I'm not sure what or who "BOB" is, but people's heads will explode if this guy commits to us!

I said earlier in the thread, we shouldn't ever underestimate CNS's recruiting ability.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.