Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
and Monken probably will not be at Georgia. Like players now, coaches move. ESPECIALLY SUCCESSFUL COACHES. If Arch is prepping for the NFL, he will expect change and deal with it.
It`s definitely the reality alright. A kid going to ANY school based in large measure on their personal relationship with a given coach is a tenuous situation, even though it happens all the time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
...and you are not limited to just one. :cool:
Well, yeah. I mean, Nick Saban has many NIL deals. Why shouldn't Bryce Young also have that freedom? Just part of the deal, but not really the problem.

The problem is that these deals are being offered with no regard to the player's value to the company offering an NIL deal. It really is a recruiting tool. I just don't see a legal way to avoid that.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Well, yeah. I mean, Nick Saban has many NIL deals. Why shouldn't Bryce Young also have that freedom? Just part of the deal, but not really the problem.

The problem is that these deals are being offered with no regard to the player's value to the company offering an NIL deal. It really is a recruiting tool. I just don't see a legal way to avoid that.
There will one day be a problem for those businesses in a few years when "bigs Texas ford" has to explain why they laid off employees but have 10 backup offensive lineman in College Station on the payroll.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
UGA fans now claim they have the inside track to land Manning due to being able to offer him a better NIL deal, and being able to develop QBs better than Bama............
I would hope you are kidding about QB development but it is UGA. The Alabama legislature is changing our law to give us/Barn more NIL offer power. I hate this NIL stuff!

Reactions: twofbyc

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I would hope you are kidding about QB development but it is UGA. The Alabama legislature is changing our law to give us/Barn more NIL offer power. I hate this NIL stuff!
They( their fans) are serious…….. and it’s because they have one QB who is playing in the Super Bowl……. One QB……….I got a great chuckle out of it

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I wonder if NIL deals will indeed be a factor in the Manning decision (?). At one point it was being supposed that it might not be so significant due to the Manning`s being well off. Who knows?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Good lord. What could a guy from 2009 have to do with how your staff in 2022 develops his position unless it is the exact same staff?
It’s the G on the side of the helmet, duh. How many quarterbacks has Kirby put in the NFL? Fromm? Can’t count Fields. I mean Trevor is from Georgia, does that count?

• Haha
Reactions: smith5753

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I am much more interested in watching Bryce improving,as far as seeing the field,progressions,and getting rid of the ball.And I believe he will. The battle between Ty and Jalen Milroe will be interesting to say the least.They are both GREAT kids.They are BOTH great athletes.And I believe both can play at a high level in THE SEC or anywhere else.I like Simpson better than the young Manning kid,and Milroe is a stud. He has great athleticism and a HUGE arm. With Jalen Milroe?You would have to tailor your offense to his strengths.and myself I have a feeling it would be worth it wherever he gets on the field at.And he will get on the field.

• Thank You
Reactions: bamadwain

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I wonder if NIL deals will indeed be a factor in the Manning decision (?). At one point it was being supposed that it might not be so significant due to the Manning`s being well off. Who knows?
You'd think the Mannings would be playing the long game with Arch. He can get drafted from any of the schools he's considering, but which one might make him more "pro-ready?" I'm certainly not saying it's Bama, but I'm sure our recent QB success has their attention too. Also, playing for the GOAT can't hurt if the long game is aiming at a great NFL career and being a Super Bowl Champion, which is the Manning way.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I have gotten to a point now that I do not even care about Arch Manning. If he comes fine, if he doesn't who cares? There is so much hype for the guy that he will not be able to live up to it.
Agreed plus we are going hard after Iamaleava who happens to be a 5* and he likes us very much. A Cali QB who knows Bryce.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Agreed plus we are going hard after Iamaleava who happens to be a 5* and he likes us very much. A Cali QB who knows Bryce.

He would be a great get............kid is very good

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.