Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
You could make the argument that it should have been Tua's season.
Absolutely. And knowing what we know now, you could also make the argument that Tua would not have made it through the whole season healthy.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I figured as much………… wonder what finally made them decide against Bama? In any case, I bet Eli gets the green light and Bama lands him………. After watching his film I think he’d be a good one
My guess is there are a lot of family with different opinions and probably the consensus was that if he were going to eliminate one of the "final three" , Bama had a majority of the votes. 🤔

IMO, I'm thinking that between jawja and the horns, Sark will wind up the winner...😎

Reactions: 4Bama and seebell

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It's like a tennis match.....................once you think it's done, it keeps going............I guess we shall soon see. I'd like to have him, but I'd take Eli as well

I'm starting to wonder if there is a "soon see" part yet...:rolleyes:

Can't they at least give s a commitment date? I mean what else is there to research with the programs involved?:unsure:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...bama-georgia-qb-plans-lsu-florida-visits.html

“It’s kind of getting closer,” Manning, who has started spring practice with Isidore Newman High School, told On3. “I don’t really have a point yet, but I guess it’s kind of narrowing stuff down. I’m looking forward to (making a decision) either before the season or during the season or after the season. If I was ready I’d probably commit right now, but I’m not, so I’m just waiting.”

He doesn't narrow down his time frame at all. :rolleyes:

Here is what he said about Alabama:

“Those coaches are all good guys,” he said. “Alabama is a machine and everyone knows it. They practice hard, and they have dudes all over the place. They got a few good transfers and I’m excited to see that. Alabama has recently been able to have high quarterback play, so that’s been fun to watch and fun to look at in terms of making a decision.”

If high qb play is a major factor, jawja has a disadvantage there.:cool:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...bama-georgia-qb-plans-lsu-florida-visits.html

“It’s kind of getting closer,” Manning, who has started spring practice with Isidore Newman High School, told On3. “I don’t really have a point yet, but I guess it’s kind of narrowing stuff down. I’m looking forward to (making a decision) either before the season or during the season or after the season. If I was ready I’d probably commit right now, but I’m not, so I’m just waiting.”

He doesn't narrow down his time frame at all. :rolleyes:

Here is what he said about Alabama:

“Those coaches are all good guys,” he said. “Alabama is a machine and everyone knows it. They practice hard, and they have dudes all over the place. They got a few good transfers and I’m excited to see that. Alabama has recently been able to have high quarterback play, so that’s been fun to watch and fun to look at in terms of making a decision.”

If high qb play is a major factor, jawja has a disadvantage there.:cool:
He really narrowed it down didn't he? Sometime before the season, during the season or after the season. It is clear what is actually happening here. He is dragging it out for NIL. Do the Mannings really need more money? I do not care where he goes, I am over it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Somebody said it on the internet so it must be true is trending it seems. Not a good idea to jump to conclusions based on sources like these. On3, 247, ESPN and Rivals are fairly accurate sources but I would not consider Andrew Hughes of SportsKeeda or some guy on the Ole Miss message board that lives down the street from Manning good sources. We will see in the coming months what he will do and I'm sure many more rumors will be be spread to get clicks before he makes his decision.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
IMO, we have been eliminated, but they simply want us to be a hat on the table... :rolleyes:
Possibly……… hard to really say with an 18 year old, but they could be looking at a nice NIL deal from someone or he could be riding it out and enjoying his visits and the attention…….lots of gamesmanship going on…….. I’d love to have him, but I think Bama may be leaning toward Eli( my thoughts alone and based on nothing in particular) and I’d rather not lose him chasing after someone who may or may not commit……..

Reactions: FaninLA

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Somebody said it on the internet so it must be true is trending it seems. Not a good idea to jump to conclusions based on sources like these. On3, 247, ESPN and Rivals are fairly accurate sources but I would not consider Andrew Hughes of SportsKeeda or some guy on the Ole Miss message board that lives down the street from Manning good sources. We will see in the coming months what he will do and I'm sure many more rumors will be be spread to get clicks before he makes his decision.
I have a friend that’s a big time uppity up at Bryant bank( yeah, He’s Bryant family ) . He said they were working out a stock deal for up to a third ownership of the bank to the Manning family. . It makes sense, Mannings, Bryant and Alabama together would keep the university on solid recruiting footing for decades.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Way too much drama and distraction….and this is only the recruiting phase.
Get Eli, along with the three other excellent QBs we already have, and then recruit the hell out of the other positions of need.
That is already being done... :cool:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I have a friend that’s a big time uppity up at Bryant bank( yeah, He’s Bryant family ) . He said they were working out a stock deal for up to a third ownership of the bank to the Manning family. . It makes sense, Mannings, Bryant and Alabama together would keep the university on solid recruiting footing for decades.
I don’t know who your friend is, but I know Paul Bryant, Jr. makes all the decisions that matter at Bryant Bank.

He didn’t get 9 figures rich by overpaying for his purchases.

And he’s going to give up 1/3 of his bank in order to entice a HS QB to Tuscaloosa?

Color me skeptical.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I don’t know who your friend is, but I know Paul Bryant, Jr. makes all the decisions that matter at Bryant Bank.

He didn’t get 9 figures rich by overpaying for his purchases.

And he’s going to give up 1/3 of his bank in order to entice a HS QB to Tuscaloosa?

Color me skeptical.
I believe you’ve misinterpreted “sarcasm” for “insider-information” here…but it‘s ok because it’s the way the the interwebs are designed to work anyway.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.