Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Lots of panty-twisting & people‘s feelings being wadded-up-in-knots around here.

Why in the world do any of you believe that another human being should be doing anything based on your own personal thoughts, beliefs, expectations or timetable? Any one of you (put in his shoes) would expect to be able to make your own decision…based on your own decision making process…and to take as long as you want to take to do so.

He doesn’t owe any fan of any school a cotton-picking thing…but He does owe it to himself to take as long as necessary to make the right decision for him and him alone.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Yea. I think Arch is probably just taking his time. Which he probably should. Also it probably helps us in some ways if he waits and Texas looks bad and Georgia falls off a bit

Reactions: dtgreg

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
What I've learned from this thread: "Too much drama surrounding him" (paraphrased) means he hasn't named Bama his leader.
I single handedly tried to create As much drama as possible. I was in cahoots with another member I don’t even know and that was unaware of my intentions of trying to get Tidefans on the Finebaum show. Or Get Up or sportscenter or something. I figured if I made an outlandish claim that in no way could be possible someone on the interwebs or twittersphere would self validate it as fact and run with it. Hasn’t happened yet, but there is still time!

BTW, it has nothing to do with where AM plays football. Would like to have him, but Bama was the Gold standard before Archie played at OM. We will be fine if he plays elsewhere.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I single handedly tried to create As much drama as possible. I was in cahoots with another member I don’t even know and that was unaware of my intentions of trying to get Tidefans on the Finebaum show. Or Get Up or sportscenter or something. I figured if I made an outlandish claim that in no way could be possible someone on the interwebs or twittersphere would self validate it as fact and run with it. Hasn’t happened yet, but there is still time!
You serious, Clark?

This doesn't seem like a "TideFan's" approved/sanctioned use of this board. At least, not in my experience here.

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols and bamaga

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
You serious, Clark?

This doesn't seem like a "TideFan's" approved/sanctioned use of this board. At least, not in my experience here.
Eddie, you are taking life way too serious. I am just saying anyone can post anything on a message board . . The fact it didn’t get much play by members is proof most understood it to be satirical . Goofing on my original post about texas , $13mm, ole Sis and such. And any subsequent posts were mere folly. I apologize if anyone took offense.

Reactions: The Ols

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Eddie, you are taking life way too serious. I am just saying anyone can post anything on a message board . . The fact it didn’t get much play by members is proof most understood it to be satirical . Goofing on my original post about texas , $13mm, ole Sis and such. And any subsequent posts were mere folly. I apologize if anyone took offense.
I took it as a joke

Reactions: The Ols

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Honestly, I missed your OP about this and so I was just taking you at your word.

I'm just following this thread at a distance...checking it every few days. Last time I checked it was suggested he's eliminated us and now I come back and supposedly he didn't.

But I'll stand by my post that the only drama here is not being created by the Mannings; it's the fans wanting him to name their school as the victor.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I would love for Arch too come play at Bama, but, it's like Coach Saban says to recruits, we're going too win with or without you at Bama..

When it comes too winning NC obviously his best option is Bama..I'll respect his decision & wish him a great career no matter the school he goes too..

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Just a question: if one of you had two insanely rich brothers would you accept any of their money? Especially if they were your younger brothers? Would you take your Father’s money?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Just a question: if one of you had two insanely rich brothers would you accept any of their money? Especially if they were your younger brothers? Would you take your Father’s money?
Cooper is a very successful business man in his own right. Although he doesn’t have NFL QB money, He doesn’t need money from either brother. I would say he has more money than Archie.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Cooper is a very successful business man in his own right. Although he doesn’t have NFL QB money, He doesn’t need money from either brother. I would say he has more money than Archie.
Archie made more in business than he did in football. He did very well in business.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Am I working for it or is it a handout?
Cooper Manning is a financial manager. Guessing he runs his brothers’ money, and maybe his dad‘s. Also guessing he doesn’t do it for free.

If I’m Peyton, Eli, or Archie, I have to pay somebody. Might as well be Cooper.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
What I've learned from this thread: "Too much drama surrounding him" (paraphrased) means he hasn't named Bama his leader.
Drama Queen. He's playing the Teams Coaches, Fans, and Players like a video game. When I was teaching school I saw numerous 15 year old's (Drama Queens) play guys like this for fun or publicity. That never seemed right to me. Still Don't. I see it as a football version of the game.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Drama Queen. He's playing the Teams Coaches, Fans, and Players like a video game. When I was teaching school I saw numerous 15 year old's (Drama Queens) play guys like this for fun or publicity. That never seemed right to me. Still Don't. I see it as a football version of the game.
That's just not correct. Most of our targets are not close to making decisions either (we currently have 3 commits). Do you consider them all to be drama queens also? I think you consider him a drama queen because he is a Manning and the media follows him like TMZ.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.