Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Cooper Manning is a financial manager. Guessing he runs his brothers’ money, and maybe his dad‘s. Also guessing he doesn’t do it for free.

If I’m Peyton, Eli, or Archie, I have to pay somebody. Might as well be Cooper.
This is about the NiL being a non factor. Given the certainty that Cooper doesn’t have the wealth his brothers or father do, a lucrative NiL deal for his son could definitely factor into his decision.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
That's just not correct. Most of our targets are not close to making decisions either (we currently have 3 commits). Do you consider them all to be drama queens also? I think you consider him a drama queen because he is a Manning and the media follows him like TMZ.
I agree, he is junior in high school. Wanted by everyone in the country. he isn’t asking for attention, it’s finding him because of his name, position played and recruiting service rankings. I think he is handling all this very well so far. He isn’t trolling fan bases on Twitter or IG. He isn’t seen out flaunting any teams gear. It’s a big decision, he is taking his time and doing his due diligence.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
From an article on bleacher report-

. A part owner of an energy investment firm with holdings in oil and gas companies, Cooper has a net worth of $15 million, according to Celebrity Networth, for his off-the-field exploits. He has, in many ways, the All-American life that so many dream of—wife, three kids, wealth beyond our wildest dreams.

from an article on brobible-

. With a cursory Google search, you’re able to find that Peyton Manning has an estimated net worth of $250 million, Eli Manning has an estimated worth of $150 million, and Manning family patriarch Archie has an estimated net worth of $10 million.

I don’t think any of the Mannings are in a financial crunch. I would say with the uptick in energy prices, Cooper is probably doing even better.

Last edited:

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
That's just not correct. Most of our targets are not close to making decisions either (we currently have 3 commits). Do you consider them all to be drama queens also? I think you consider him a drama queen because he is a Manning and the media follows him like TMZ.
Guys, it’s not a knock on Arch or his family.
It’s an observation, and a big concern, that, basically by definition, drama and distraction follow the high-profile kids….and this kid is extremely high-profile.
Remember all the attention Duron Carter got? Way more than deserved
Not that any of our opinions matter, but this fan base has had a remarkable 15-year run. And it’s all because the guy in charge has a PROCESS.
Just TRUST it….and enjoy the ride.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Guys, it’s not a knock on Arch or his family.
It’s an observation, and a big concern, that, basically by definition, drama and distraction follow the high-profile kids….and this kid is extremely high-profile.
Remember all the attention Duron Carter got? Way more than deserved
Not that any of our opinions matter, but this fan base has had a remarkable 15-year run. And it’s all because the guy in charge has a PROCESS.
Just TRUST it….and enjoy the ride.
I’m not concerned about the Manning family , personally, I dislike Peyton. I was in Legion field that night. Wish him nothing but the worst professionally. (Although I respect his accomplishments and find him quite funny in a sophomoric, frat boy type way) . Drama queens and drama filled recruitment are 2 different things. A drama queen seeks out attention. I don’t believe that applies to Arch.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
From an article on bleacher report-

from an article on brobible-

I don’t think any of the Mannings are in a financial crunch. I would say with the uptick in energy prices, Cooper is probably doing even better.
So with the right NiL deal Arch could be worth more than his father before he leaves college. Crazy

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Drama Queen. He's playing the Teams Coaches, Fans, and Players like a video game.
This comment put the "old man" in Dan. :)

Surely you don't believe what you wrote? Maybe a better question is "What would you do if you were in his shoes?" He's probably 17 and he's about to make one of the most important decisions of his life. Why rush it when there's still another season to be played before he has to make his decision.

The only real drama here is why anybody thinks this is dramatic. I'd say he's playing it smart. If he chooses Bama in the long run, I'd say he played it real smart! ;)

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Lots of panty-twisting & people‘s feelings being wadded-up-in-knots around here.

Why in the world do any of you believe that another human being should be doing anything based on your own personal thoughts, beliefs, expectations or timetable? Any one of you (put in his shoes) would expect to be able to make your own decision…based on your own decision making process…and to take as long as you want to take to do so.

He doesn’t owe any fan of any school a cotton-picking thing…but He does owe it to himself to take as long as necessary to make the right decision for him and him alone.
For those around here who didn’t see this the first time…

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
curious , does Arch still make his reported visit to the Capstone next week. Most reports have Bama out of it. If you are just taking visits, why not go someplace you haven’t visited before?

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
curious , does Arch still make his reported visit to the Capstone next week. Most reports have Bama out of it. If you are just taking visits, why not go someplace you haven’t visited before?
reports are that as of now he is still coming. I think there are guys every year that have the opportunity to take an official visit to bama and do so even if they know they are not gonna commit. I would. Check out the best shop going, compare it to other schools, bring mom and dad, the whole shebang.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
reports are that as of now he is still coming. I think there are guys every year that have the opportunity to take an official visit to bama and do so even if they know they are not gonna commit. I would. Check out the best shop going, compare it to other schools, bring mom and dad, the whole shebang.
Yeah, but he has been to T-town on unofficials a few times already. I think I would check out someplace else. Maybe since Bob and Pete are still visiting him, he feels obligated. I’m glad he will be sticking to his word. I also read somewhere that Eli will make an official visit at the same time. That may make for interesting conversations. I wonder if they will hang out together. I’m sure they probably know each other being they are both from South La.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Bo
Yeah, but he has been to T-town on unofficials a few times already. I think I would check out someplace else. Maybe since Bob and Pete are still visiting him, he feels obligated. I’m glad he will be sticking to his word. I also read somewhere that Eli will make an official visit at the same time. That may make for interesting conversations. I wonder if they will hang out together. I’m sure they probably know each other being they are both from South La.
I believe both will be on the campus together...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Bo

I believe both will be on the campus together...
I wonder what would happen if Arch gave his commitment too?

Besides college football melting down again over Bama, what would happen? Would they both be a part of the same class? Would Eli reconsider?

I doubt Arch commits to us now, but it would be wild to see what would happen!

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Besides college football melting down again over Bama, what would happen? Would they both be a part of the same class? Would Eli reconsider?

Bimbo would go on a rant

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I know it is a good situation to discuss and I enjoy reading this thread, but Manning isn't signing with Alabama. It was doubtful before getting Eli's commitment, if Eli de-commits we might still be in play but not likely. Just my opinion.

Reactions: The Ols

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.