Do you have a Pet Peeve (Part II)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
People who give unsolicited advice to others in a situation they've never been in or had experience in.

One of my "favorites" are people with no kids giving parenting advice to people with kids and basing said advice on "what I would do if I had kids". *Just sit down and go back to looking at your phone*

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Online purchases that require a signature upon delivery of product from a company that never requires a signature - nor was I informed this would be necessary at point of purchase....and the best part. The shipper (FedEx) has no option available other than someone being present at time of delivery.

I'm spending most of my time away from my home right now either caring for Mom and/or squeezing in what I can for work and misc.

And this is for an item that cost under $300. :rolleyes:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Online purchases that require a signature upon delivery of product from a company that never requires a signature - nor was I informed this would be necessary at point of purchase....and the best part. The shipper (FedEx) has no option available other than someone being present at time of delivery.

I'm spending most of my time away from my home right now either caring for Mom and/or squeezing in what I can for work and misc.

And this is for an item that cost under $300. :rolleyes:
If this is an ongoing option perhaps have items shipped to your mother’s house, if that is feasible.

• Thank You

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
If this is an ongoing option perhaps have items shipped to your mother’s house, if that is feasible.
The problem is I'm not there all day either. So it will either be Mom hearing someone at the door and trying to get to the door with her walker - and a possible mishap. Or another door tag - sorry we missed you.

I have a close friend who worked at FedEx here for many years and he could have grabbed it for me but he's been retired now for some time.

In many ways we've over complicated even the simplest of tasks these days......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
How about a frozen microwave dinner with instructions to cook for X minutes, take out and stir, and then heat for another X minutes.

Only after the first heat cycle - the mashed potatoes are still a partially frozen block.....how do you stir that?

The answer is you don't. Just cook for the entire accumulated minutes without stopping. Maybe even more....lol.....

• Haha
Reactions: seebell

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The problem is I'm not there all day either. So it will either be Mom hearing someone at the door and trying to get to the door with her walker - and a possible mishap. Or another door tag - sorry we missed you.

I have a close friend who worked at FedEx here for many years and he could have grabbed it for me but he's been retired now for some time.

In many ways we've over complicated even the simplest of tasks these days......
Gotcha. If she lives alone I wouldn’t do that.

Here’s my latest peeve. I travel for work so I eat out a lot. How hard is it for a restaurant to post a menu (with prices) on their website? I like to know what it costs before I go there.

I don’t want to go over my company’s daily meal allowance. If I do, I have to dip into my own piggy bank to pay for my food and that’s not happening.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
People who cannot handle your experience and/or opinion about visiting a city, restaurant, event, etc not being like theirs. Rather than just accept that you didn't like the restaurant's food, or the city just wasn't for you or the event wasn't what you thought, they try to convince you why your experience and/or opinion was somehow "your fault" and you must have done something wrong.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Family members that constantly want to "borrow" money. I say "borrow" because there is a less than zero chance you will be paid back. They will eventually ask for more later. Then I am somehow the jerk for saying no.

Reactions: Padreruf

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
People who cannot handle your experience and/or opinion about visiting a city, restaurant, event, etc not being like theirs. Rather than just accept that you didn't like the restaurant's food, or the city just wasn't for you or the event wasn't what you thought, they try to convince you why your experience and/or opinion was somehow "your fault" and you must have done something wrong.
I once lived in a town where there was this restaurant that everyone loved. People would post daily on the local Facebook page about how much they loved it. I went once and thought it sucked. The food was mediocre and the service was horrible. Food took forever to arrive and we had to get up to refill our own drinks. Only saw my server when she finally brought the food.

I posted my experience and got blasted. People said I owed it to them to give them another chance. No, there are plenty of places to eat, not going to waste my money somewhere I don’t like.

The owner did post and apologized and offered us a free meal. That was nice, but if I went back I’d be the guy who complained and they’d bend over backwards to give me good service.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
This isn't something that happened to me but to some parents that had a bday party for their son that my child attended. The parents sent out invitations over a week in advance and made it VERY VERY clear that for planning purposes, to RSVP and RSVP BY A SPECIFIC DATE.

Apparently, there were about half of the people they sent invitations to that did not respond one way or the other. So the parents extended invites to more kids whose parents confirmed they would be there. On the day of the party, the kids whose parents didn't respond showed up, AND the kids that got the invite in their place also showed up.

The following is why people want you to RSVP for things like this:

*Not enough party favors/bags for all the kids
*Not enough cupcakes and ice cream cups for all the kids
*The host parents had to come out of pocket more money to the establishment where they had the party for the additional kids whose parents didn't respond to the RSVP request.

I told the dad "You're a better man than I am. I would have told them they are more than welcome to stay and attend, but they need to pay for their child and due to them not RSVP'n (like we asked), there's not enough party food and party favors to go around." He said "If my wife weren't here..." LOL!!!

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: Padreruf

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
The difference in the way two people perceive the same thing can be dramatic. My father and I visited Italy in 2010 and we were side by side the entire time. When we got home, my mother asked my father and me what we thought of the Italian people. My father said that the Italians were rude terrible people, I said that the Italians were very kind. My father and I were never apart from one another, and yet we saw everything so completely differently. That made an impact on me that I still remember to this day.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The difference in the way two people perceive the same thing can be dramatic. My father and I visited Italy in 2010 and we were side by side the entire time. When we got home, my mother asked my father and me what we thought of the Italian people. My father said that the Italians were rude terrible people, I said that the Italians were very kind. My father and I were never apart from one another, and yet we saw everything so completely differently. That made an impact on me that I still remember to this day.
I thought the Italian people were great when I went. The women were flirty with me and the men were nice and cool to me. Maybe your dad is just weird or weird looking?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
You "ain't ever lied" my man, smh. It is one of the biggest mysteries (to me at least) when it comes to human observation. I can provide a list that would wrap around the globe multiple times of times in my life when two or more people witnessed or were a part of the same "thing" and if you didn't know any better, would think they weren't even in the same place and in the same situation by how they described it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I've complained about this before (and I know it's not going to change) but in today's culture, the common response to a question or request for confirmation that originates in the form of a text, email, or voicemail is simply a non-response or as the kids say, "ghosting".

It's bad enough when individuals do it, but when someone operating a business does it, or an employee of a business, it ticks me off. Ignoring someone is one of the lowest displays of respect. There was a time when an employee ignoring a customer would be reprimanded and if continued, relieved of their duties. When I worked in public accounting, we had a policy of answering emails, voicemails, and returning calls within 24 hours, and if we didn't do it, it was not treated lightly, AT ALL. But I'm finding this to be more common even in business.

• Thank You

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I've complained about this before (and I know it's not going to change) but in today's culture, the common response to a question or request for confirmation that originates in the form of a text, email, or voicemail is simply a non-response or as the kids say, "ghosting".

It's bad enough when individuals do it, but when someone operating a business does it, or an employee of a business, it ticks me off. Ignoring someone is one of the lowest displays of respect. There was a time when an employee ignoring a customer would be reprimanded and if continued, relieved of their duties. When I worked in public accounting, we had a policy of answering emails, voicemails, and returning calls within 24 hours, and if we didn't do it, it was not treated lightly, AT ALL. But I'm finding this to be more common even in business.
Absolutely not condoning it at all. Ghosting someone is definitely rude. I do wonder if businesses these days have too many ways to contact them and the employee gets lost trying to give attention to all the venues. You have all the various social media, in addition to more traditional methods like email and phone.
I’m afraid it’s more like being distracted trying to watch the latest stupid tiktok dance though.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I was able to get the email address for the receptionist at my doctor's office.

When they leave a message on my answering machine to confirm my upcoming appointment, I always send an email to the receptionist to confirm.

You ever try to call a doctor's office?

Aside from all the phone prompts to get through most of the time you just get their voice mail.

"If this is an emergency please hang up and call 9-1-1."

:rolleyes:

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.