Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Helicopter parents! We had graduation last Sunday. A guardian was upset with us because we did not read off a scholarship their child received. The students had been told for weeks to turn in all scholarship announcements to guidance. We even had a legal pad at graduation practice and reminded students again to put their name and scholarship on the paper if they had not done so already so it could be read at graduation. The parent is ****ed at us!

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Helicopter parents! We had graduation last Sunday. A guardian was upset with us because we did not read off a scholarship their child received. The students had been told for weeks to turn in all scholarship announcements to guidance. We even had a legal pad at graduation practice and reminded students again to put their name and scholarship on the paper if they had not done so already so it could be read at graduation. The parent is ****ed at us!
The decent thing to do would be to redo the entire graduation!

Reactions: alabama mike1

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reading on product listing sites (HD, Lowes, and Amazon, etc.) - down below in the "questions and answers" section. Someone will ask a question and the manufacturer NEVER gives advise. Instead they say "thank you for your purchase - we're sorry about your problem - please call our customer service dept. - yadda, yadda, yadda..."

Meanwhile someone else provides the answer - just like that.

I'm shopping sinks right now. See below:
==================

Q:faucet is now hanging and won't go all the way back in the dock. how do I fix this?
|Apr 6, 2022

A: Hi kiki, thank you for your review of the Glacier Bay All-in-One Dual Mount Stainless Steel 33 in. 2-Hole Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Kit with Faucet, Brushed Stainless Steel. We are very sorry to hear about the situation you have experienced with your product. Please contact our Customer Support team at 877-580-5682 for further assistance with your faucet. Thank you.

|Apr 7, 2022

A: It's very simple. Go under the sink you will see the other end of the hose it should have a weight on it. Pull the hose and it will go back up into place. Free up its travel area so it has room to work.
|Apr 28, 2022

:rolleyes:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
When talking with someone on the phone and they are not only talking to you but other people in the room or around them as well. I have a sibling that does this (I just hang up on her, LOL) and two friends who do this as well. I've gotten old and ornery enough I just hang up the phone.
People talking really loudly on the phone, and fussing. The least they could do is put their phone on Speaker, so I can hear the rest of the conversation...
Seriously, my wife and I usually text each other, as do my close friends.
I've always thought my conversations should be private, and quiet. I'm half deaf, so text makes sense for us.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I changed my cell phone provider a while back, plus got new phones for both Mom and for me. Billing comes to me now so I can manage things better. She doesn't use hers but needs to have one for emergencies when her landline goes out or we have a power outage, etc.

Finally today decided to close the old cell phone account. Shouldn't be a big deal right?

My chat session. I just copied and pasted the same thing for the first few responses......
=======================

Hello! I'm writing today to close my account. Can you help with that, please?

Please select one of the following options.

My Boost account

How can we help you with your account?

Other account questions

All of our agents are currently assisting other customers. The current wait time is 10 minutes. Would you like to wait for an agent?

Estimated wait less than10 minutes

I'd like to wait for an agent

Great, you’re in line. We’ll let you know when it’s your turn. If business hours close, we’ll save your place in line for when we reopen Wednesday at 6am CDT.

We are currently experiencing higher than normal queue volumes. Thank you for waiting and we will assist you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience! You're near the front of the line to chat with an agent. Would you like to continue?

Hi! Thanks so much for reaching out about your account. I'd be more than happy to assist.

You're connected with Anngie

Thank you, Anngie!

After taking a look at your account, I see that you are on our Nationwide Network, which began to be shutdown on April 1st, 2022. We have no way of knowing when you will lose service due to the shutdown which means that it could happen at any moment. It is incredibly important that you take action today to move off of this network. Before you are helped with your reason for calling in today, I want to take time to explain more about Boost Mobiles Expanded Data Network, which you are actually eligible to upgrade to.
The Expanded Data network is faster, stronger, and more reliable. Depending on the type of device you having, there may be a few steps that you need to take to get set up on our new network, but I will help you get started. Can I start the process of upgrading you to our enhanced Expanded Data Network?

We are sorry to learn that you want to cancel and would hate to lose you as a customer. Is there anything I can do to address your reason for canceling service?

Not at this time and thank you for your concern......just want to close the account, please....

I understand and we respect your decision.
Just to give you a heads up, once we cancel your account, we can't recover your account and the phone number will be lost. We also can't refund the remaining days left on your Boost account. Would you like to continue?

Yes - please continue to close the account, thank you....

I totally understand that. If you need to transfer your number to another carrier, you will need to keep this account open so the other carrier can move your number over to them. You will need to contact the new carrier in order to start the number transfer process.

Thanks - please continue to close the account - thank you.....

No problem. I'm sorry we couldn't be more helpful. Because this is a Pay-As-You-Go service, your account will automatically cancel a few months after you stop adding money to it. In the meantime, you can either use the services that you've already paid for or just put the phone aside. Whatever you decide, your account will automatically cancel as long as you don't add any more money to it. Would you like to cancel the account effective today or on your due date on 06/07th?

Please just close the account today, thank you.....

I totally understand that. Let me process your request.

Please give me a minute or two while on the process.

Thank you...

Thanks for waiting. We successfully processed your request.

The account is now successfully cancelled. Rest assured that everything has been set up accordingly on your Boost Mobile account.

OK thank you Anngie - appreciate all your help. Have a GREAT day! :)

My pleasure, it's nothing for a valued customer like you. I also want to thank you for taking the time to chat with me today and for using Boost. Have a great afternoon.

Should you have any other concerns or questions, you can call 611 from your device or chat with us again, and we'll be glad to help you out. Have a nice afternoon and thank you for your business!

Thank you, have a great day!

Your chat has ended.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: Toddrn

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I changed my cell phone provider a while back, plus got new phones for both Mom and for me. Billing comes to me now so I can manage things better. She doesn't use hers but needs to have one for emergencies when her landline goes out or we have a power outage, etc.

Finally today decided to close the old cell phone account. Shouldn't be a big deal right?

My chat session. I just copied and pasted the same thing for the first few responses......
=======================

Please select one of the following options.

My Boost account

How can we help you with your account?

Other account questions

All of our agents are currently assisting other customers. The current wait time is 10 minutes. Would you like to wait for an agent?

Estimated wait less than10 minutes

I'd like to wait for an agent

Great, you’re in line. We’ll let you know when it’s your turn. If business hours close, we’ll save your place in line for when we reopen Wednesday at 6am CDT.

We are currently experiencing higher than normal queue volumes. Thank you for waiting and we will assist you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience! You're near the front of the line to chat with an agent. Would you like to continue?

Hi! Thanks so much for reaching out about your account. I'd be more than happy to assist.

You're connected with Anngie

Thank you, Anngie!

After taking a look at your account, I see that you are on our Nationwide Network, which began to be shutdown on April 1st, 2022. We have no way of knowing when you will lose service due to the shutdown which means that it could happen at any moment. It is incredibly important that you take action today to move off of this network. Before you are helped with your reason for calling in today, I want to take time to explain more about Boost Mobiles Expanded Data Network, which you are actually eligible to upgrade to.
The Expanded Data network is faster, stronger, and more reliable. Depending on the type of device you having, there may be a few steps that you need to take to get set up on our new network, but I will help you get started. Can I start the process of upgrading you to our enhanced Expanded Data Network?

We are sorry to learn that you want to cancel and would hate to lose you as a customer. Is there anything I can do to address your reason for canceling service?

Not at this time and thank you for your concern......just want to close the account, please....

I understand and we respect your decision.
Just to give you a heads up, once we cancel your account, we can't recover your account and the phone number will be lost. We also can't refund the remaining days left on your Boost account. Would you like to continue?

Yes - please continue to close the account, thank you....

I totally understand that. If you need to transfer your number to another carrier, you will need to keep this account open so the other carrier can move your number over to them. You will need to contact the new carrier in order to start the number transfer process.

Thanks - please continue to close the account - thank you.....

No problem. I'm sorry we couldn't be more helpful. Because this is a Pay-As-You-Go service, your account will automatically cancel a few months after you stop adding money to it. In the meantime, you can either use the services that you've already paid for or just put the phone aside. Whatever you decide, your account will automatically cancel as long as you don't add any more money to it. Would you like to cancel the account effective today or on your due date on 06/07th?

Please just close the account today, thank you.....

I totally understand that. Let me process your request.

Please give me a minute or two while on the process.

Thank you...

Thanks for waiting. We successfully processed your request.

The account is now successfully cancelled. Rest assured that everything has been set up accordingly on your Boost Mobile account.

OK thank you Anngie - appreciate all your help. Have a GREAT day! :)

My pleasure, it's nothing for a valued customer like you. I also want to thank you for taking the time to chat with me today and for using Boost. Have a great afternoon.

Should you have any other concerns or questions, you can call 611 from your device or chat with us again, and we'll be glad to help you out. Have a nice afternoon and thank you for your business!

Thank you, have a great day!

Your chat has ended.
That was ridiculous! Had to do the same thing with my Sirius XM account a few weeks ago and went through much of the same conversation.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
AC not working again. These idiots will not replace the unit even though I have been through this multiple times this year and every year for about 5 years now. They just keep putting band aides on open wounds. Renting sucks. I am positive that since I am month to month, they know I am not staying, so they will not replace it. This place sucks.

Rant over

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I am still shocked at how many establishments that serve and sell food allow people to bring non service dogs into their place of business. I see more and more of it in grocery stores and yesterday while eating at a restaurant I looked over at the booth across from us and a lady had a pocket-size dog dressed in a vest and cap sitting next to her in the booth. This restaurant has a self-serve salad bar and all I could think about was her petting that dog, then going to the salad bar.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I am still shocked at how many establishments that serve and sell food allow people to bring non service dogs into their place of business. I see more and more of it in grocery stores and yesterday while eating at a restaurant I looked over at the booth across from us and a lady had a pocket-size dog dressed in a vest and cap sitting next to her in the booth. This restaurant has a self-serve salad bar and all I could think about was her petting that dog, then going to the salad bar.
I agree. Only real service dogs should be allowed in any business.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
How can I tell if an animal is really a service animal and not just a pet?
To determine if an animal is a service animal, you may ask two questions:

1. Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?
  2. What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?
You may not ask these questions if the need for the service animal is obvious. Examples include when a dog is guiding an individual who is blind or is pulling a person’s wheelchair. In addition:

• You may not ask about the nature or extent of an individual’s disability
  • You may not require proof that the animal has been certified, trained or licensed as a service animal
  • You may not require the animal to wear an identifying vest or tag
  • You may not ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the task or work
Under the ADA, it is training that distinguishes a service animal from other animals. Some service animals may be professionally trained; others may have been trained by their owners. However, the task that the service animal is trained to do must be directly related to the owner’s disability.

The handler is responsible for the care and supervision of his or her service animal. If a service animal behaves in an unacceptable way and the person with a disability does not control the animal, a business or other entity has the right to ask that the dog be removed. A business also has the right to deny access to a dog that disrupts their business or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of others. For example, if a service dog barks repeatedly or growls at customers, it could be asked to leave.

Service animals in-training are not specifically addressed in the ADA. However, some state laws may afford service animals in-training the same protections as service animals that have completed their training.
You can ask these 2 questions. They aren't required to be truthful.
  • Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?
They say yes the animal is a service animal. You cant ask for proof.
  • What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?
They can tell you anything. You can't question it.

I had a Tuscaloosa Police Officer tell me that they had a week training on this. He said they were instructed to never ask.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I don't ever say anything, it isn't worth it but I see people all the time in the grocery store who have dogs riding in their shopping carts or holding them while picking over produce. Granted, we wash all of our produce when we get home, but even still, I just don't find it very sanitary to have a dog (that isn't a service dog) that close to food that isn't packaged. I picture the little thing sneezing while the owner is reaching over the tomatoes. LOL! :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: bama579

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Here's a tip for those who own businesses and are wanting to improve customer communication. Unless you KNOW the customer prefers business discussions over text messages, speak with them on the phone rather than trying to force all communications through texts.

I'm running into more and more small business owners (and shockingly the majority are under 40 yrs old) that want to "talk business" over text messages. Granted, I'm all for it when what needs to be talked about can be done in three texts or less. But anything over that, it is probably better to answer the phone or call the customer. I'm trying to get some crushed concrete delivered and poured in a section of our yard and the dude I'm dealing with seemingly cannot answer the phone but always has time to send 100,000 choppy, fragmented text messages that could be avoided in a 10-minute or less phone conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bazza and Toddrn

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Again with the driving while on your smart phone.

Please stop.

On my way home for lunch just a short while ago, traffic in the left (passing lane) slower than the right lane. As I move up along the last car I look over and the driver - this lady - has a dog in her lap and her smart phone in her left hand just staring at it.

She saw me looking at her and just continued doing what she was doing.

A little further up the road her lane slowed way down - and I really thought I would witness a rear-ender. But she slowed down in time, thankfully.

I have a dash cam and would have had it on video.

I subscribe to the daily police blog and a day doesn't go by without auto accidents here. Most by distracted driving I'm sure....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Again with the driving while on your smart phone.

Please stop.

On my way home for lunch just a short while ago, traffic in the left (passing lane) slower than the right lane. As I move up along the last car I look over and the driver - this lady - has a dog in her lap and her smart phone in her left hand just staring at it.

She saw me looking at her and just continued doing what she was doing.

A little further up the road her lane slowed way down - and I really thought I would witness a rear-ender. But she slowed down in time, thankfully.

I have a dash cam and would have had it on video.

I subscribe to the daily police blog and a day doesn't go by without auto accidents here. Most by distracted driving I'm sure....
289400675_1874655889557239_7527861474046275842_n.jpg

• Haha

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
How can I tell if an animal is really a service animal and not just a pet?

You can ask these 2 questions. They aren't required to be truthful.
  • Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?
They say yes the animal is a service animal. You cant ask for proof.
  • What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?
They can tell you anything. You can't question it.

I had a Tuscaloosa Police Officer tell me that they had a week training on this. He said they were instructed to never ask.
Someone once posted in my community Facebook page asking about an apartment that allowed cats. Someone (who was a big animal rights nut) said to tell the landlord it was a service animal because they couldn't question it.

Someone else responded "In other words, she should lie". The other guy got super-offended and practically threatened a lawsuit for being called a liar.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Someone once posted in my community Facebook page asking about an apartment that allowed cats. Someone (who was a big animal rights nut) said to tell the landlord it was a service animal because they couldn't question it.

Someone else responded "In other words, she should lie". The other guy got super-offended and practically threatened a lawsuit for being called a liar.
Reason #1,831,653 to not have a Facebook account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.