Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is the result of a pet peeve but still thought I'd share. Do you know people that don't respond to texts until DAYS later, like 5+ days? I've got a few of these people in my weekly path of life that I have to deal with and finally had the opportunity to turn the tables. I had one in particular reach out to me asking questions, the questions weren't of the nature of "had to know or something bad was going to happen", but general questions trying to find information out about something we're both involved in.

So, I literally let DAYS go by before I answered. In between that time I got four to five "follow up" texts repeating the questions. When I did answer, I got a quick, very short "don't worry about it, I found out" with an eye roll emoji. The next time we saw each other he said something about it and I mentioned to him that he does that all the time. To his response of "Yeah, but I'm busy".....I literally laughed out loud with sarcasm as he stood there as serious as he could be. I love those people creatures, they sure of funny. LOL!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This afternoon I called the place that processes the 4 prescription meds for my Mom.

Had a couple things to get done but also wanted to change the mailing address to mine instead of Mom's so I could better manage everything.

The first rep said I'd need this and that and she couldn't do it.

The second person - who was helping with the reasons I called - when I mentioned changing the ship to address says "I can do that for you right now." And she did.

I understand there are limitations for some folks that others do not have but unless that is what I'm told it just makes things harder. I cannot be mad about it because things got squared away the way I needed so a happy ending and only 34 minutes on the phone. :)

Reactions: Padreruf and Toddrn

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
My wife tried to track a package sent by USPS. She called to local Post Office here in middle of nowhere ArCanSaw. The computer answering service used by USPS would not allow you to reach a human at the Post Office no matter what you do. It's impossible. You would have a better chance to download the codes to launch a nuclear strike against any foe on the planet.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My wife tried to track a package sent by USPS. She called to local Post Office here in middle of nowhere ArCanSaw. The computer answering service used by USPS would not allow you to reach a human at the Post Office no matter what you do. It's impossible. You would have a better chance to download the codes to launch a nuclear strike against any foe on the planet.
Yeah, I have had the same issue.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Good God I hate incompetence. My apartment is fining me $500 for a smoking violation. I have asthma and have never smoked in my life ever. Waiting for the idiot manager to me back.
Okay so these morons "re-inspected" my apartment. I insisted on being present which the allowed (at first they objected to it.) She claimed to still "smell" cigarette. I still tried to explain to this moron that I do not smoke. I do not have any friends that smoke and even if they did I would not allow them to smoke in my home. I still kept telling her that I am asthmatic and smoke would be detrimental to my health. She then had her epiphany that just maybe the smell could possibly coming through the HVAC vents because "lots of my neighbors in my building got fined". They have taken the fine off my bill and apologized. Had to take an hour off work with a deadline looming to deal with this crap.

My co-workers and boss handled it better than I did. When I got back one of the partners came to my desk all serious and said he probably should have told me that he has been sneaking into my apartment to take cigarette breaks. He finally made me laugh. First time I laughed in the last 2 days.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
My pet peeve is stupidity...I know...I just have to walk away...A LOT!
Mine is a close relation…..obliviousness. As in, “Are you blind, are you stupid, or are you God’s own entitled jerk? Because one of those three things has to be true.”

As I age, I no longer think it’s unintentional. I think people know what they’re doing is incredibly self-centered. They just act as if they’re ignorant of the situation they’re creating. Then, on the off chance someone calls them on it, they get defensive, say they didn’t know, and call the other guy the jerk.

No, I don’t get out much anymore….easier on me and them.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I have had the same issue.
I’ve had exactly the same experience.

Lesson Learned: Don’t ship USPS. Pay for FedEx or UPS. The difference is cost is meaningless, the level of service is infinitely better, and their online tracking actually works.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I send information to my students and their parents via snail mail in the summer, email weekly, text blast weekly, post on a website, on a powerpoint in class, and announce it verbally multiple times through the week. I have changed nothing about those methods in the almost decade I have been at this school. People still don't know things and message me when they could find it on their own.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I’ve had exactly the same experience.

Lesson Learned: Don’t ship USPS. Pay for FedEx or UPS. The difference is cost is meaningless, the level of service is infinitely better, and their online tracking actually works.
Its been my experience that UPS & FedEx are much more likely to mis deliver or leave package out in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.