News Article: Doctors Charged with Trying to Leak Medical Information to Russia

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Johns Hopkins doctor and spouse, an Army doctor, indicted for trying to leak medical information to Russia

"A Johns Hopkins anesthesiologist and her spouse, a doctor and major in the U.S. Army, were federally indicted for attempting to provide medical information about members of the military to the Russian government.

"Anna Gabrielian and Jamie Lee Henry, who had a secret security clearance as a doctor at Fort Bragg in North Carolina, communicated and met several times with an undercover FBI agent who they believed was from the Russian embassy, offering sensitive medical information on military members and their families, the indictment alleges."

"During an initial Aug. 17 meeting in a Baltimore hotel room, Gabrielian told the agent she was “motivated by patriotism toward Russia to provide any assistance she could to Russia, even if it meant being fired or going to jail.”"

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
wow, thats a story all right

Is health info even worth it to the Russians? Risking espionage charges? And why does she say she is Patriotic to Russia? Is she Russian? Also one of them
is trans or used to be trans? The article from 2015 says Jamie is Male to female but it seems like perhaps she transitioned back? The other one is Anna and the photo seems to be a man and a woman.

So many questions

Reactions: dtgreg

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
wow, thats a story all right

Is health info even worth it to the Russians? Risking espionage charges? And why does she say she is Patriotic to Russia? Is she Russian? Also one of them
is trans or used to be trans? The article from 2015 says Jamie is Male to female but it seems like perhaps she transitioned back? The other one is Anna and the photo seems to be a man and a woman.

So many questions
Yeah, it’s a confusing story. And I tend to agree with you…..suppose the Russians read the medical records of a lot of top military people. How valuable is that information?

So it’s looking to me like Henry and/or Gabrielian really did reach out to the Russian Embassy, and the FBI knew it pretty quick…..otherwise, why would Gabrielian agree to meet someone who says they’re responding to her call to the Russian Embassy.

I mean, think about it….if some voice on the other end of the phone called me and said they were responding to my call to the Russian Embassy, and I know I haven’t made any call, I’m scared to death, not eager to meet.

So I’m guessing Henry and Gabrielian (1) were incredibly clumsy in their outreach and the FBI knew about it essentially in real time, or more likely (2) were already under surveillance for reasons that haven’t yet become public.

Which brings us back to the question of value of the medical information. Maybe on the fringes if they wanted to tailor a poison to kill the person, and make it look like it was the result of a known pre-existing condition? But the Russians aren’t usually that subtle. Mainly because, denials notwithstanding, they want the world to know who did it and how.

Or maybe they want to know if a given officer is having trouble with depression or some other mental illness. But even if they knew, how could they use the information?

All of which makes me think Henry and Gabrielian were passing (or trying to pass) additional information — on what, I have no idea.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.