Does Alabama Have A Booster The Equivalent of A Ruiz ( Miami )?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`ve not heard any individual named as a heavy hitter booster driving NIL for Alabama. I`m sure the Texas schools have Ruiz equivalents bankrolling their NIL programs. Are we approaching NIL in a totally different fashion than other schools?

forumripper1

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 12, 2022
Bama\CNS has a completely different approach to NIL. I believe CNS doesn't believe in paying for recruits right out of high school. He would rather the player play a year or 2, then earn NIL value for themselves thru good play on the field. At least, this is what I heard him say.

Reactions: JDCrimson

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Bama\CNS has a completely different approach to NIL. I believe CNS doesn't believe in paying for recruits right out of high school. He would rather the player play a year or 2, then earn NIL value for themselves thru good play on the field. At least, this is what I heard him say.
That’s what’s supposed to happen.

NIL was only about kids being compensated in college after they became famous marketable by way of college football. NIL has been perverted into the modern day summer job of washing cars for $500/hour that happened years ago.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I agree, although didn`t Bryce ink an NIL deal before he took a snap? Could be wrong about that.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
he may not believe in paying a kid out of HS, but

1). He , nor the University has a say in whether a kid negotiates an NIL contract . SCOTUS, because of inaction by the NCAA, gave us that

2). He will believe in NIL contracts out of HS if that’s what recruiting becomes. His event with Alabama business Persons that gave us the Nick/ Dumbo dustup is proof .

Bryce Young signed the right way, already on campus. although he had never played a meaningful snap, his potential as a HS player gave him the opportunity to sign with hometown(LA) agency CAA. That agency also reps Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning among others

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisBamaDude

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
At the beginning kids were signing NIL deals for pizza joints. Now it's collectives. This is not NIL. it's cash for your LOC. There is no marketing aspect to this. Saban says this and is criticized for being against NIL. I wish someone with the guts besides Nick to say something. But no. Kirby is working on his new contract, can't be bothered.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
At the beginning kids were signing NIL deals for pizza joints. Now it's collectives. This is not NIL. it's cash for your LOC. There is no marketing aspect to this. Saban says this and is criticized for being against NIL. I wish someone with the guts besides Nick to say something. But no. Kirby is working on his new contract, can't be bothered.
Georgia fans are a little upset with Kirby over NIL. Kirby’s attitude toward NIL has been it will take care of itself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.