Poll: Does Tua Stay or Go?

On Monday, will Tua Announce to Return to UA, or Declare for the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Binary answers -- (1) He Returns to UA for his senior year, or (2) he declares for the NFL draft.

Your vote will be visible to the public, and once cast cannot be changed.

Poll closes Sunday PM. Edit: Poll now closes at 10:44 AM, Monday January 6.

I think he declares, but am curious as to what the board thinks.

Last edited:
Reactions: seebell

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I voted return to UA, but I also checked declares at first. I am really torn about it. I feel like the NFL may want to see him play an entire season without being injured before they invest a ton of money in him. If he comes back and makes it through the year and lights it up again, he will be one of the top picks next year. If he declares he could drop and someone gets him at a bargain.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
One thing I hadn't really thought about until recently.....what if the family wants him to declare for the NFL so that he doesn't take a year away from Taulia competing for the #1 spot?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I voted return to UA, but I also checked declares at first. I am really torn about it. I feel like the NFL may want to see him play an entire season without being injured before they invest a ton of money in him. If he comes back and makes it through the year and lights it up again, he will be one of the top picks next year. If he declares he could drop and someone gets him at a bargain.
If he comes back he will light it up and get a big paycheck for it. My wager is that he changes his whole mindset about playmaking by throwing the ball away more to avoid getting injured. Our vet OLine will keep his uni clean as well.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
My brain is saying he goes but my gut wants to say he stays. Going with the brain over the stomach. :D

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I voted he goes pro. I just don't see a valid reason for him to stay financially. I know others disagree but it seems to me that the way to maximize his earning potential and the safest move would be to go pro.

But I'm not him and there is a ton of smoke about him coming back. At this point I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Reactions: bamacon

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that he stays. Also not sure how I feel about it for Alabama.

On the one hand, if he returns, more will return to play with him again - he is that special

On the other hand, if he stays, you lose Mac. If you lose Mac and Tua gets hurt, you have another wasted season.

Reactions: GeorgiaTider

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
I think he is gone. Getting injured the last two seasons will affect his decision. If he is a top 15 pick take the money and go and don't worry about getting hurt for a third year.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Up until yesterday I thought he would stay, just because I was thinking he felt like he has more to accomplish here. With more of the national pundents saying he stays ... I'm now thinking more that he goes pro

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think that he stays. Also not sure how I feel about it for Alabama.

On the one hand, if he returns, more will return to play with him again - he is that special

On the other hand, if he stays, you lose Mac. If you lose Mac and Tua gets hurt, you have another wasted season.
Right there is my fear. I hope if he does choose to stay, that Mac seriously weighs the options. We need him next year regardless.

Reactions: 131wins and B1GTide

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well, that young man had better learn to throw the dang ball away when a play gets blown up. I love Tua, but he needs to learn that skill. In the Kiffin era, I developed a habit of saying to my tv, "Run the dang ball, Lane!" In the Tua era, I developed the habit of yelling, "Throw the ball away, Tua!"
Sometimes the defense just wins. Live to play another down.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
You absolutely need Mac next year - more than you need Tua. JMHO.

That's why I'm not sure I want him to stay. I know, we'd love him back, other players would follow, one last dance etc......but what if he gets hurt again and Mac has transferred. We'd have Taulia/Bryce? Maybe that works out, who knows. All I know is...I like what I've seen from Mac, I'd hate to lose him.

Reactions: B1GTide

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
The only reason I would want him to stay are for selfish reasons, but honestly, after watching Jones the last two games I’m not worried about QB next year.

After the injury, I initially thought there was no way Tua would be a 1st round pick, much less a top 15 pick. However, looking at the pool of QBs in this year’s draft plus the fact that his recovery seems very positive, I think he will be the 2nd QB taken in the draft. I don’t know what pick that is, but I can’t imagine it falls out of the top 15.

The other notable QBs; Herbert, Eason, Hurts, just aren’t in the same league as Tua. Maybe some team makes a foolish pick in the top 10 of Herbert, but I think Tua is the best option, injury history and all.

Reactions: 131wins and B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.