Doubting Alabama and predicting Alabama's downfall only makes you look foolish (Josh Pate 1-18 segment)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Cliffnotes for those who dont want to watch but would like to comment.

- Pate goes over 3 times where people tried to say "this is the end of the Bama dynasty"
- They are after Kelly 2015, Clemson 2018, and Cochran leaving
- He states alot of people said Saban couldnt keep up with the mobile quarterback, but were proven wrong when he adjusted
-He said 2018 Alabama was a team that many insiders would agree was really lucky to be in Santa Clara. Said there was alot of internal struggle, and people outside the program really thought the Clemson game was a changing of the guard moment. (Here one of ours said 'Paradigm shift'). But said Alabama never stopped being the top program and Clemson never started being the best program. Said Clemson has yet to experience the issues that Bama has had to overcome during their run that Bama has had in the past 12 years.
- He said that many prominent members of the media thought Cochran was the key to the Bama machine, but were proven dead wrong. Said insiders knew it was a change that Saban has been wanting for years. And Bama made a clear upgrade.
- Ultimately he said "Stop Doubting Bama and Saban"

Saint&Sinner

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yep.

“In the future, if you’re thinking about making a bold proclamation about the downfall of Alabama football. Don’t. Just don’t. That’s not a party worth being the first person at.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Bama-94-00

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Anyone one who says this before we get stomped and start falling backwards, has no right speaking on college football .I do not care if you want ratings, to say stupid stuff is just... well .......stupid LOL

Reactions: BamaInCummingGA

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Klatt after the Ole Miss loss in BDS. To his credit, he later ate several helpings of crow publicly.

Herbstreit when Cochran left — Herbstreit said it was an “existential’ threat to the program. Rhea and Ballou say hello.

Wishful thinking is part of it. The other part is incredibly cynical. They want to be the first to call the demise of the Alabama dynasty. If they’re right (and a stopped clock is right twice a day), they will trumpet it to the heavens. If they’re wrong (and they usually are), they are counting on the general public’s attention span measured in nano-seconds to forget they ever said anything at all.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Klatt after the Ole Miss loss in BDS. To his credit, he later ate several helpings of crow publicly.

Herbstreit when Cochran left — Herbstreit said it was an “existential’ threat to the program. Rhea and Ballou say hello.

Wishful thinking is part of it. The other part is incredibly cynical. They want to be the first to call the demise of the Alabama dynasty. If they’re right (and a stopped clock is right twice a day), they will trumpet it to the heavens. If they’re wrong (and they usually are), they are counting on the general public’s attention span measured in nano-seconds to forget they ever said anything at all.
when you say public attention span, don't forget the media is part of the public.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

Herbie said that? Was he crying at the time?

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Saban is the factor in the Bama run. Not Smart, or Pruitt, or Cochran, or Sarkishan.....Sure, all of these were a factor, but Saban is the master chef using his ingredients to make the recipe. I think more people are realizing this now especially this year. I recall more than one talking head speak of how it is incredible to sit down and listen to his football knowledge. One that blew me away was Joey Galloway. The day of the national championship game he was talking about how he loves to get paid to go to places like Miami to enjoy the big game but that he would go for free to the Alabama ”A-day” game just to get to stand with Saban and learn some of his football knowledge.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Saban is the factor in the Bama run. Not Smart, or Pruitt, or Cochran, or Sarkishan.....Sure, all of these were a factor, but Saban is the master chef using his ingredients to make the recipe. I think more people are realizing this now especially this year. I recall more than one talking head speak of how it is incredible to sit down and listen to his football knowledge. One that blew me away was Joey Galloway. The day of the national championship game he was talking about how he loves to get paid to go to places like Miami to enjoy the big game but that he would go for free to the Alabama ”A-day” game just to get to stand with Saban and learn some of his football knowledge.
He’s been Sabanized.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
What's this business about internal struggles and problems with the 2018 team?
Every team has its own personality and chemistry. Every year you get a new group of players, returning players and players that have exited to the league or out of eligibility, creating an entirely new team from the previous year. That team may not have had good chemistry and many times it is because the players aren't friends off the field. I've played for teams where there were players on that team that just plain couldn't stand another player or two on the team. It ends up showing up on the field when that happens.

Reactions: Con

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Every team has its own personality and chemistry. Every year you get a new group of players, returning players and players that have exited to the league or out of eligibility, creating an entirely new team from the previous year. That team may not have had good chemistry and many times it is because the players aren't friends off the field. I've played for teams where there were players on that team that just plain couldn't stand another player or two on the team. It ends up showing up on the field when that happens.
A lot of times the players get that "I gotta get mine" when it comes to playing time, touches or the kind of touches they get. Some of the players don't see the value of punt return touches vs. pass catches. You can't control the outside noise these players get from their family members or friends. It really tears a team apart just a little so they will not fight for/with each other for the TEAM goal.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What's this business about internal struggles and problems with the 2018 team?
That season there was a borderline revolt in the locker room as some of the players felt the team was being handicapped by playing Hurts instead of Tua. I'm told Locksley was the savior in that situation, able to keep the peace and keep the team from fragmenting.

ETA: my mistake, I was thinking of the 2017 season. The above is incorrect wrt 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padreruf

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
That season there was a borderline revolt in the locker room as some of the players felt the team was being handicapped by playing Hurts instead of Tua. I'm told Locksley was the savior in that situation, able to keep the peace and keep the team from fragmenting.
That was 2017, Tua started in 2018. Offense was one dimensional(too much RPO/slant) and defense was injured were the issues that year.

• Thank You
Reactions: crimsonaudio

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.